Quentin Tarantino to do Friday the 13th?!?!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by AnoesisX, Mar 8, 2005.

1. AnoesisX

AnoesisX New Member

FilmForce has learned that none other than Oscar-winner Quentin Tarantino is in final negotiations to write and direct the Ultimate Jason Voorhees Movie, an all new Friday the 13th for New Line.

While the rumor mill had long suggested that the next movie might be Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash, that project never came together for a number of reasons.

Fans will instead be treated to the Ultimate Jason Voorhees Movie. The project will be a co-venture between New Line and Paramount Pictures. It is expected to be a "quickie" that could get underway as early as this year!

Tarantino's production company, A Band Apart, referred us to the William Morris Agency. A rep at WMA would only advise us that Tarantino has "not yet" been offered the job while refusing to elaborate any further.

If there's any (ultra-violent) filmmaker who could make Jason cool and scary again, it'd be the man who resurrected Travolta. I just wonder if the movie will be retitled Kill Jason?

2. Drudge

Drudge New Member

I'd love to see his take on the franchise.

3. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I doubt we will ever see it. He is making a bike movie, doing the super DVD of Kill Bill, directing parts of Sin City, and working on a WWII script.
    He talks a lot but is a slow worker.

4. the_cannon

the_cannon OT Supporter

In for QT's take on Jason Voorhees.