LGBT Queer as Folk - New Season Started

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by NOVAJock, Apr 19, 2004.

1. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

:wiggle:

I love that show. :)

2. rotoshark

rotoshark New Member

3. NOVAJock

Blake :drool: :yum: :drool: :yum:

4. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I wish I had showtime :(

5. GeekDrew

GeekDrew aka DataDrew

Ditto... I've watched the first season (DVD), and that just makes me want showtime that much more.

6. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

Same here. Did anyone watch the first season of the L Word?

7. NOVAJock

I missed it with the exception of a few episodes.

8. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Brian Tivoed it last night... Go over to his place to watch with him (but you gotta let him know, or he will delete it ASAP after he watches). Or you can always pay me a damn visit (cause you know that between my Tivo and my On Demand, you gotta hook up). You have options. Pick one. And it totally sucks that you haven't seen the other seasons and been there through their history. You suck (and I don't mean in that good way (but this can be easily rectified, since I have EVERY season on dvd...)). Frankly, I don't know how you basically lived in my apartment for a semester and NEVER watched the dvds sitting on the dvd rack:dunno: .

9. CoCo

Uhh yea.. Okay, so I like the show because it’s queer, but damn those uppity lesbians throwing their scrutiny at the show and removing the damn sex. I mean, was anyone else pissed? In case you were not aware, Showtime had been getting a lot of flake from the lesbian community about the amounts and types of sex in the first and second episodes, and so much so that they changed it. First, they transitioned the show so that you see the characters making out, then slowing fading out, but seemingly that was too much. So, then only the hetero-sex was shown. And then, that was cut out. So for a time, we got to only see animal sex—the only fucking sex scene in the damn episode was manatee sex! MANATEE SEX??? So they decided to allow the characters to dry hump walls (the jail cell scene) and then cut to showing the characters buttoning up clothes. Well, in the last episode, we finally see sex again…to bad it was crazy Jennie (Taylor, this bitch is crazier than crazy-Pam (only not jumping out of, and getting stuck in, a window or stealing our 'lip skin cells' from our lip balm because she think us cute))—oh, and we cannot forget the lesbian rape/s&m/love-U-hate-U shit that ended the last show… All in all, I think that the show has potential, and I understand that The L Word is NOT the female queer as folk, but come on and just cum already! Females need an orgasm every now and then too, dammit.

Sorry for the :rant2:, but I had mostly lesbians over for my weekly Sunday Nights OUT when the L Word was on, and I kinda got bombarded with their clitoral issues with this show, like, ,every week...

10. QUEEN BLUE

QUEEN BLUE Guest

Brian in that pin-stripe suit :bowdown: :yum:

11. QUEEN BLUE

QUEEN BLUE Guest

I watched it ... I wasn't too thrilled on it, but hey Queer as Folk wasn't on yet.

12. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I wouldn't want to start watching it in the middle of a later season. If I start watching it, I'll start from the beginning.

13. whoarnti

whoarnti Guest

I watched all of them a few weeks ago great series even from a straight perspective

14. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

:rofl: I didn't see the last few epsidoes but I love the few decent sex scenes. I understand what you mean about them not getting off. I was kind of bummed out by it. :hs:

15. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

Yeah, it's definitely not the greatest show. I prefer QAF. They need to come out with a show like QAF for lesbians. :x:

16. NOVAJock

Well....every now and then there is some titty licking that goes on on QAF. That's when I get up to replenish my drink or go pee. :rofl:

17. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

:rofl: There's not enough for me, but I still love that show.

18. CoCo

Initially, that was the premise of the show. In its inception, the show was a lot hotter, but all of those uppity dykes went off on Showtime, writing sooo many letters that the show was damn near cancelled. For example, originally Pam Grier was to play a S&M sexually aggressive character, and Jennie was to be rapped (which, scripted, was to cause her to be sexually confused). When this script was released a year and a half ago, lesbians went off! They felt that this would put all of those negative stereotypes of gay men on women also, and they didn't approve. Also, they said that the show would cause the heterosexual ignorant world to believe that women become lesbians when they had negative experiences with men. Sooo, yea...

19. CoCo

I have some gay friends who tell me to fast-fwd through the mel/linds scenes. :rofl:

20. NOVAJock

:rofl: I think the worst scene was one of the last episodes of last season....when they're going at it in bed after they find out that Mel is pregnant. I was like......"eeeeeeooooooouuuuuu....I don't have to pee....my drink is full...what do I do!?" :rofl:

21. CoCo

22. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

:rofl:

23. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

Hmm...I kind of would have to agree with the dykes and the negative experience thing. A lot of heteros already think that and I get asked what kind of negative experience I have had with a guy to turn me gay. I just :rolleyes: my eyes at them but it drives me nuts.

24. CoCo

I mean, I get that. Really. (Queer men usually get thought of as wanting to be women, when--for the most part--that couldn't be farther from the truth.) But at the same time, you don't see QAF editing themselves. They show it as it is--albeit the WORST that it is, more so--but they show it. I just wanna see equal footing, er, or at least equal humping.

25. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

I see your point. :) And I agree especially on the equal humping. :x: Maybe some day. I also never think they will depict us the way most of us really are.