Quarterly revenue & net income highest in Apple’s history

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bolicious, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Apple recorded its highest quarterly revenue and net income in its history, the company announced today when it released its financial results for the fiscal 2005 first quarter ended December 25, 2004.

For the quarter, Apple posted a net profit of $295 million, or $.70 per diluted share. These results compare to a net profit of $63 million, or $.17 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Revenue for the quarter was $3.49 billion, up 74 percent from the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 28.5 percent, up from 26.7 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 41 percent of the quarter’s revenue.

Apple shipped 1,046,000 Macintosh units and 4,580,000 iPods during the quarter, representing a 26 percent increase in CPU units and a 525 percent increase in iPods over the year-ago quarter.

“We are thrilled to report the highest quarterly revenue and net income in Apple’s history,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “We’ve sold over 10 million iPods to date and are kicking off the new year with a slate of innovative new products including iPod shuffle, Mac mini and iLife ‘05.”

“We’re pleased to report 74 percent revenue growth, 26 percent Mac unit growth and 525 percent iPod unit growth,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO. “Looking ahead to the second quarter of fiscal 2005, we expect revenue of about $2.9 billion and earnings per diluted share of about $.40.”

Apple will provide live streaming of its Q1 2005 financial results conference call utilizing QuickTime, Apple’s standards-based technology for live and on-demand audio and video streaming. The live webcast will begin at 2:00 p.m. PST today at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/earningsq105/ and will also be available for replay.

2. Icedog

Icedog New Member

congrats

3. inamorata

inamorata New Member

apple > *

4. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Funny thing, is I read an artical the night before last in Money Magazine. The issue was from last April. In it they predicted that the Apple iPod boom would fail and that it would not save the company. It also predicted the shares (listed at a then $25) would not increase anytime soon.

Well, if I ever start purchasing investment magazines, I know which one not to get. :mamoru:

5. dmora

dmora Guest

I love uneducated dolts. U wouldnt happen to have that mag around still? write them a nasty gram asking how the shit tastes now ;)

6. xxxgames12

xxxgames12 Guest

wow! awesome!

not really suprising though considering they've sold like +10 million ipods and a bajillon songs on itunes

7. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

Add Forbes to your clueless list.

Check out this article...

http://www.forbes.com/personaltech/2005/01/14/cx_ah_0114tentech.html?partner=yahoo&referrer=

In it, this guy says "let's say Apple has a good year and sells a million units of the iPod shuffle." :mamoru:

8. maczter

The other day, I E-Mailed the author of the Forbes article mentioned above and told him he was drastically underestimating the market appeal of the Shuffle. He insisted that a million units would be good for the Shuffle's first year since it was "a new product."

I had to laugh when I saw this article that came out today... :)

Up to 4-Week Wait for Apple IPod Shuffle

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/050118/tech_apple_1.html

I'm resisting the temptation to write him again and ask him if he'd like to revise his estimates. :mamoru:

9. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Wait until they sell 2 mil, then write back.

10. maczter

so, wait another week? :)

11. maczter

I wrote him again tonight with the following link:

http://www.marketwatch.com/tvradio/...1-6D5FCE7E5C4C}&siteid=myyahoo&dist=myyahooBB

Not sure where she got the numbers, but the news person in this story says Apple has already received over 10 MILLION orders for the Shuffle!!! :wiggle:

Me = 1

Hotshot Forbes Editor = 0 :mamoru:

12. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese