SRS Quarter Life Crisis

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Peyomp, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I am 25 today. That is a big year. I feel like I have to accomplish something now. At 23 I didn't feel the pressure. At 24 I did, and took a shot at responsibility. At 25... damn dude. I want to reproduce at some point. I need to get my shit together and have something to show for my existence besides scars.

2. Laserbeak

Laserbeak Remember kids! Be like Billy! BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

So what's stopping you? You're gonna have to put the toys away sooner or later.

3. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

4. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

At least your car insurance went down. You'll be OK. Remember that Rome wasn't built in a day; you can't really wake up tomorrow and be accomplished.

What you CAN do is figure out where you'd like to be five years from now, and then ask yourself what step one would be. Take that step; you're still young enough that you can fuck up for another five years before it really holds you back.

5. johan

johan Active Member

Holy synchronicity, I was just thinking the same thing yesterday, only I'm hurtling toward middle age. (I was figuring out the years left till I'm 60. 60! fer chrissakes! )

And It's worse than you think, dude. 1/4 life crisis assumes you'll live to be 100. You're actually a lot worse off.

But think of the bright side, at least you're not as close to the brink as me.

6. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:hs: i turned 23 a month ago, and i'm stressed. :wtc: i want my freakin bachelor degrees, dammit! :rant2:

;)

7. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Age is only a number. We are given a lifetime to accomplish things, so long as we don't waste the time given us and when the end is near, end up regretting not doing anything constructive.

8. johan

johan Active Member

I'm not worried about not having achieved anything in my lifetime, I'm more thinking about DEATH.

Sure, age is only a number. Its that number that tells me how long before I *die*. :eek3:

9. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I can't fucking stand myself today. I'm always going to be alone, without intimacy.

Okay if there is a difference between me and the shitbags I criticize, its that I know I am being a sad, indulgent little whore. Feel free to talk shit.

10. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I swear to god, if I don't get out of this motherfucker soon I'm going to crack and become exactly the pathetic shitbag that I hate, posting here about how noone loves me and I was born that way and thats the end.

Must. Get. Out. Fuck. Shit. Fuck.

The fear. Panic. I feel it. Its so fucking scary. That motherfucker. I'll kick his ass. Murder him. Panic. Fuck.

OKay. Perhaps i'm better, or perhaps I'm worse, than a moment ago. It really doesn't matter, does it? Not in India, it doesn't.

Must. Get. Out. Soon. Cracking.

11. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I will not post when I'm blackout drunk on my birthday. I will not post when I'm blackout drunk on my birthday. I will not post when I'm blackout drunk on my birthday. I will not post when I'm blackout drunk on my birthday. I will not post when I'm blackout drunk on my birthday. I will not post when I'm blackout drunk on my birthday. I will not post when I'm blackout drunk on my birthday. I will not post when I'm blackout drunk on my birthday. I will not post when I'm blackout drunk on my birthday. ;)

12. BBQ Monster

BBQ Monster New Member

Do not worrie about your age it is only a number. And Peyomp I know Asylum is very depressing because all this stuff is about how fucked up our lifes are. But, instead of looking at it like a prison you should look at this place like a family. I am sure you have probably helped people in here, and I bet some have helped you too. Sometimes people express themselfs in different ways when they are feeling like shit, you are just venting like the rest of us. Even tho nothing I have said will probably help you, just remember that you do have a shoulder to cry on and a place to come to lift you up when you are feeling down.

13. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I didn't really mean escaping the Asylum. I meant America. Atlanta, Georgia. My life. To India.

14. dannycarey

dannycarey New Member

Atlanta is a bitch, but so is Birmingham. you seem like a cool guy though, at least in my book, but then again, that might not be encouraging at all. India is a badass place, although ive heard your first trip there is shocking.

good luck, nobody really knows where lifes leading them, just chill out and dont stress it. if you get down to it, no ones any better or worse off than anybody else. were all trapped in these crazy bodies with these crazy lives.

drugs dont help(been down all kinds of roads myself), religions organize fear, money corrupts the soul...the only thing that really counts in life is relating with the people, face to face, or as text on a screen. awe damnitt!!!

15. johan

johan Active Member

I think he can handle India just fine. Probably feel like home actually. Odd that a place you've never been to can feel like coming home, but it can.

16. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

April 5th, I leave for Bombay. GO ME!

17. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

awesome bro.. yet you still look like shit in your av :rofl:

18. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

If you don't stop dissing Zues, he will shoot a lightning bolt up your fucking ass!

19. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You need to escape from Texas. The pathologies of that place reinforce your own.

20. Mercur1o

Mercur1o New Member

That's what i don't get, what's wasted and what's not?

21. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Where have you been outside of the US?

22. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Are you talking about me?

23. johan

johan Active Member

I've been to Texas and Louisiana. Texas was hot and muggy. New Orleans was, well, New Orleans.

24. CopenKagan

CopenKagan OT Supporter

Dude, I'm in the same spot in my life as you. I just feel like I need to make something of myself before it's too late. Bad thing is that I'm just over 4 years younger than you. I turn 21 on the 22nd of this month and I just think to myself, "What the hell have I done since high school?"

25. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Want to talk about your paranoia? Great. Make a new thread.