Quality sounding speakers- your opinion?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BombThreat, Jul 17, 2005.

1. BombThreat

BombThreat New Member

I'll admit it, I'm totally clueless about car audio. This is basically what I'm trying to accomplish is a dominate rich sound. Although having a Jeep Wrangler I dont think this would be fesable... But I would like to try my best. Now I'm wondering what you guys think are some good buget amp's and speakers. Im probally going to have two 6x9's in the rear, rwo 5x7's in the dash, two 6's in a custom sound bar, and some sort of sub behind the rear seat. Im really not looking to spend alot of cash b/c this is a jeep. Just something that sounds desent. Any help would be great. Thanks.

-Scott

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

try getting in round speakers instead of oblong ones, there are things that will resize them but i say just get somebody to install and do some cutting

as far as cheap, what are you thinking as cheap?

for me cheap would be about 200 for a pair of speakers, what is a cheap to you?

3. BombThreat

BombThreat New Member

cheap for me would be under 50$ are pair...heh

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

do not even bother, then

5. BombThreat

BombThreat New Member

oh, so i should just listen to the wind... please dont post if it isnt useful.

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

it was useful... Just keep the stock setup.

7. BombThreat

BombThreat New Member

please increase your post count some place else.

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

it is not my intention to increase my post count... It is my intention to say that you might as well just keep your stock setup.

okay, i lied. It *wasn't* my intention to increase my postcount. But since you mention it, I don't mind if I do. Although postcount means nothing. You should try getting an active subscription -- they're cool.

9. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

It is very hard to do much with $50/pair speakers. Your stock system may sound nearly as good (sometimes better) than new speakers in that price range. This changes if you can find some excellent deals, or have someone that can hook you up with huge discounts. I'd spend at least $100 a pair for a noticeable upgrade. I've said this many times on this forum, but I say just buy a pair of front speakers (the 6.5" ones you mention custom mounting, like in kick panels). If you did this, you could spend $300 on one pair rather than 3 pairs (or $150 if you stick with the $50 price point).

Just because it is a jeep doesn't mean you shouldn't put in good sound. If you use 6.5" speakers, they are more likely to be able to be compatible in a new car. So, I'd save more money and buy something better. Jollyogre may have been rude, but he has a point.

10. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Im with him on everything he said. I like having rear speakers (but faded waaaay to the front,) but if I was on a budget I wouldn't get them.

11. MovieMan84

MovieMan84 Here we go

This is slightly out of your price range, but for 6.5" round speakers you can get a pair Infinity Kappa 62.5i for around $80. They're very solid and in my application ('96 Subaru Outback wagon) they sound really good with an amp driving them. They're not MB Quart or Focal, but I like them. I'd check out other Infinity Kappa speakers in other sizes for things that are slightly out of your price range but still much better than stock.

12. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

btw its a 4x6 in your dash.