SRS Quality rehab centers in Georgia?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by GA400, Jun 24, 2004.

1. GA400

GA400 New Member

The mother of an old GF of mine came to me recently. Seems this girl got herself into some serious trouble. She was doing ICE when we broke up over a year ago and had been doing it for about a year before.

Evidently it got a pretty good grip on her. She's been in and out of trouble since we broke up and now she's gotten herself arrested for theft and theft of a credit card, I think a couple of counts of each. Stupid cops didn't search her room or they would've found her baggies with residue.

Anyway, her bail is over $24,000, and her mom isn't going to do anything to get her out unless she goes to rehab. Her mom wants me to talk to her and wants my help to get her in. Evidently I'm the only clean guy she ever dated.

Her mom is thinking GRN because her insurance will only cover up to $3,000. Anyone with experience know if this is a good idea? Is there someplace better she should consider?

Any advice on what I should tell her to convince her to go?

We essentially broke up because of this problem but I didn't realize it was that bad. I love her to death and I want to help, I really don't know what to do though.

2. Go to an alanon meeting, its free, and the people there will tell you which rehab center worked for thier loved ones. You are not alone in this battle

3. GA400

GA400 New Member

It looks like Alanon is specifically an alcohol rehab help group. I guess a rehab center is a rehab center, but would a good alcohol center also necessarily be a good drug rehab center too?

I really have no experience with this. Thanks for your help. I found out last night that she just put me on her master visitors list so I can go see her tonight. Any recommendations for how I should act or what I should say?

I hope she realizes that she needs this, and makes the decision to go for herself, not because I or her mother want her to.

4. gnat

gnat New Member

i dont have any advice on clinics but I will watch this thread. I wish you goodluck, Ice has a VERY strong grip on many people. I'm in GA as well, and its like an epidimic. Goodluck!

5. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

I believe there is such things as Nar-anon, the brother (or sister) of Narcotics Anonymous - designed to help family members struggling with drug addiction. My guess is that Alanon is a much bigger fellowship and that you may be able to find outside enterprises through the grapevine. I think that not only do a lot of people in Alanon deal with their family's drug use - but that the external enterprise of rehabs are probably set up for both alcohol and drug use.

Good luck :)

sidenote: you can't give people willingness. If she just needs some encouragement, then good luck. If she's totally beat down about it though, she'll probably go into rehab and quite possibly hear something that she needs to hear. These things can take time, and its not a function of the quality of rehab center or the pressuring from loved ones, its just an inside job for her to truly want to quit. All the externals are great, but don't think that its entirely yours and her mothers responsibility to make her clean up her act. Keep up doing the right thing though. :hug: