Quality of BR (and maybe other) outlet stores

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Dio Seijuro, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

So I've been to this huge outlet mall many times, but always wondered about this and I hope somebody can enlighten me on this. Take the Banana Republic outlet store, even though most of the merchandise look pretty much like the regular store's (some look exactly the same), they all have this special symbol on their labels denoting they are sold at the outlet. Does this mean that the quality is lower, even if they look exactly the same as the regular store cloths?

Also, I notice that BR is one of the very few stores that do this. Most outlet stores seem to just have the exact same stuff as they sell at the regular store, with no special labeling.

2. Trungtastic

Trungtastic OT Supporter

Some (all?) stuff is made specifically for the outlet store so the quality is generally lower

3. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

Do you mean the BR outlet store or all outlet stores? I think many outlet stores carry the exact same stuff as their regular stores. Burberry, Varvatos, designer jeans, RL, and pretty much all expensive shoes.

I guess I would like to know which stores do sell outlet-only stuff exclusively, and if the quality is noticeably lower, I would like to keep that in mind when deciding how good a deal I am getting.

4. waldo98

waldo98 OT Supporter

The quality of the BR over by my place is the same, just that they only sell stuff from last season.

5. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

The stuff made specifically for the outlet generally isn't as cute or as nice, imo. But you can get some good offseason stuff.

But to be honest, BR quality is very hit or miss anyway. If you want a list of stores who have specific outlet lines these are the ones I've seen for sure:
    Ann Taylor
    BR
    J. Crew
    Gap

But I only shop for the womens lines...not sure about mens.

Oh, and J. Crew quality is such crap lately I'd rather shop at the Gap or even Old Navy or TJMaxx.