Quad Display (or more)?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by OFI, Jan 15, 2008.

1. OFI

OFI New Member

The company I work for has a setup using 4 computers and 4 lcds just to display some pretty low resource requiring information.
    What sort of quad display or even more can you get these days?
    I think ideally they'd want 4x VGA but DVI would possibly be an option. Is it cheap to do now?
    What are the best gfx cards to get for this? And like I said the stuff displayed is nothing special so any real graphics processing isn't required, it's mostly 2D maps with an overlay.
    Getting a card which could be mounted in a 19" rack PC would be the preffered option..

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

does the system in question support full sized cards or only half height?
    Which OS?

3. OFI

OFI New Member

Must be XP supported.
    As for the size of the system we haven't looked into any yet, so I guess there are lots of options and the system could be bought around the card. I don't know what the norm is with these 19" rackmount PCs some are nice and slim which would be good but obviously causes problems with modern gfx cards :)

4. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

I was just making sure it wasn't some weird server OS with limited driver support. If it takes full height cards, it's pretty easy to load up a pair of PCI video cards, each with 2 ports on it. There are plenty of PCI based cards with dual DVI ports.
    Ultramon is the best of the best for software when it comes to managing multiple displays, if you're willing to fork out the 30 or 40 bucks for it, otherwise, IMO the nVidia software is far superior to the ATI software when it comes to multiple displays, plus the nVidia drivers are generations better than the stuff that ATI puts out.

5. OFI

OFI New Member

Cheers, i'll look into that Ultramon :) Hopefully they'll budget a couple of K to this anyway so 40 bucks should be a problem :)
    I didn't know it could be this easy to set up :)

Tbh they would have been better with laptops than the setup they have now with 4 home PCs, it's just too bulky :-/