Q about Subtitle files

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by StPatty33, Jul 6, 2005.

1. StPatty33

StPatty33 New Member

Hey everybody, I've got a quick question. I've got some video files in OGM format, which I've got the right codecs and everything to play them in Windows Media Player (yes, I still prefer it to most others I've found) and have been enjoying the files for quite some time. The question is though, they came with subtitles for the files as well--in both .sub and .idx format--and I've yet to figure out how to utilize them. I've got them in a folder in the same directory as the other files, and some time ago I believe I installed some codec or plug-in that was supposed to allow them to be played.

Anyone have any idea how I can get them to work? I'd appreciate any feedback at all. Thanks!

2. StPatty33

StPatty33 New Member

Also, these files have 2nd audio tracks embedded in them, which I can switch to by right clicking on the plug-in icon in taskbar tray. Anyone know if there's a hotkey or something I can use to do it w/my wireless keyboard instead of having to use my mouse and take the vid out of fullscreen and all that junk? I appreciate it *nods*