PWM Fan control?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ZACKMORRIS, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ZACKMORRIS

ZACKMORRIS Active Member

I won a heatsink for CPU at a local Lan tournament the other day in a raffle. It's an Igloo 5710 PWM. I went into my Bios and changed it to PWM fan control, however, I don't know how to adjust the fan speeds. I've been looking around google and I haven't really found anything that makes any sense of this for me.

Basically, I want to know how I adjust my fan speed on the heatsink.

2. CodeX

CodeX Guest

pulse width modulation? lol

3. ZACKMORRIS

ZACKMORRIS Active Member

I dont know? Apparently it's a feature of most new motherboards. Has something to with fan speed regulation. That's all I know. I was hoping someone could give me a little more info, like how to control it, etc.

4. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

Its automatic most likely

5. etech

etech New Member

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

"SpeedFan is a program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. info for those hard disks that support this feature and show hard disk temperatures too, if supported. SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature). At the lowest level, SpeedFan is a hardware monitor software that can access digital temperature sensors, but its main feature is that it can change fan speeds (depending on the capabilities of your sensor chip and your hardware) according to the temperatures inside your pc, thus reducing noise."

The brand and model of your motherboard would be helpful. There should also be setting in your bios to set fan speed.

6. Chris

Chris New Member