Putting your self in a good enviorment for meeting girls.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BradUF, Dec 1, 2007.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

This isn't just about girls but meeting new people in general. In another thread I was talking about transferring to OSU not because I am really having social problems but to kinda force me to get out of my comfort zone of just chilling with the guys. Because, being with the guys is the problem to a certain extent. If you just get in the habit of chilling with the same group of people all the time then you will never meet anyone new. Even if the group is social it really prevents you from becoming part of other groups vs being lone star somewhere. I have really notice being alone somewhere really helps you establish better connections with people then when you are in a group. Especially with girls because everyone in the group is going to compete for that one girl. I have notice the friends that are the most successful with girls don't chill with a group of guys but are very independent in everything they do and establish many new connections everyday solo and that is the key. I mean think about it, when at school you make a ton of friends or at work but how many friends do you make chilling in a group? Not many because a group of guys deters interaction from solo people and prevents bonds to be made friendship or more.

Not saying I blame anyone for my problems but I am saying environment shapes just about everything about you and until now I didn't really think about the negatives of going out and getting wasted with the guys..

2. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

booze helps you meet people, but only in moderation.

If you want to meet new guys(@osu), live in the dorms your first year. At 21-22 (i am guessing your age but i think i am close) you will be the older guy there, but unless your a huge nerd no one will care assuming you are friendly, not cocky and fun.

as for girls:
    Why would everyone in the group compete for one. Thats a dumb strategy, a far superior strategy is as follows: Whoever meets the first member of the other tribe gets first pick (which is the 'in') Then the members of your tribe then take members of her tribe as they see fit, while sure there will be some competition. Everyone needs to understand that if they don't have all the women occupied AND grant each girl equal attention overall from the group, then the girls will end up leaving (or at least most of them will) and less members of your group will get laid.

i prefer lone wolf. however, wolves operate in packs just as well. just practice talking to girls, every once in a while, say at a bar. I will get up and walk a lap around the entire bar just to see who is there, and see if i happen to start talking to some hottie, then well all the better. But if you sit still its not as easy, while very possible, to get laid.

You can have the lone wolf mentality and still run in a pack by doing that. I am not going to tell you some canned line to say to him but that is a very general strategy that plays well if you can deal with ditching your friends for 5 minutes every hour or so. And if you find nothing go back to em, who knows maybe them being alone will pressure them to talk to someone too and on your return you can reap the benefits.

3. red_fox

red_fox New Member

Dunno how serious you are about osu, but I'm there right now. If you do decide to live in the dorms, don't go into the upperclassmen dorms. The underclassmen dorms are much more social and that's where I found many friends at school. The upperclassmen dorms have people that keep to themselves-they're not interested in meeting new people and keep their doors closed.

4. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I only have one thing to say

OHIO STATE SON!!!

sorry couldn't resist :mamoru:

But why go all the way up there? There's gotta be better ways you can do that in FL. And you don't seem like you'd fit in there with your user text :mamoru:

5. red_fox

red_fox New Member

ha that's what I was thinking

6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

O rly?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2007
  7. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Yeah I have always liked OSU but ever since the games, I can't even talk about them :(

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

From UF to OSU? You are a shame to the Gators.

9. BradUF

BradUF Guest

They are shame to me this year. Oh, Tim Tebo rides a fucking scooter around town.

10. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

you need to change schools to get away from your group of friends? i dont really understand the point of that...

11. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I am tired of living here.

12. BradUF

BradUF Guest

UF is like number 43 and OSU is 54. lol I know a ton of people that leave UF to go to UCF.

13. Yuppy

absolutely! Avoid the upperclassman dorms like the plague. these guys are usually nerdier and well, they are already stable and established there.

under classman dorms are ftw. But dorms suck so if you can find a popular roommate that doesnt mind you tagging along thats best.

14. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I talked about doing dorms here but everyone said no one does that past their sophomore year. If I go up there and pay the insane tuition when I get out of college I won't be able to afford a house or condo.

Not to mention I won't be able to bring either of my cars up there :(

I dunno maybe I will just have to stay down here but that sucks.. Live here my whole life, went to school and college here entire life and end up working here too..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2007
  15. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

You don't have to do something durastic like leave UF to get into a good environment. It's a big school, everything you need is right where you live. Join a club, start talking to other people in your classes, etc.

Being in a group doesn't have to be detrimental, in fact I sort of feed off the energy of good company and it keeps me in the right frame of mind. Of course, it sounds like your friends are the type that jump over each other when a girl comes into the picture, so YMMV. Flying solo is great too. But again, you don't have to transfer to do that.

But if you really feel like you need new scenery, you could study abroad for six months, or even a year. If you do your research, you can find a great place.

16. Yuppy

yea noone does that. but at the SAME TIME you would not want to live alone and not know anyone at all. living alone kicks ass but only if you already have a few friends.

id just suck it up and live in the dorms. and why cant you bring your cars? i am moving from iowa to florida soon and i will be making the drive w/my car. if you dont bring a car how are you going to move you shit?

17. BradUF

BradUF Guest

My SS Camaro needs a to have storage, it also gets 12mpg and does not work well in snow, ice or rain. My other car is a POS, missing a mirror, paint is failing an drives like crap.

18. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

All I honestly have to say to you my friend is that you don't have to move to Ohio just to get into a new scene/make new friends....

19. Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton New Member

:bowrofl: