Putting speakers in garage, need help please.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 4bangin, Sep 7, 2003.

1. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

My gaarge is 24x50. I am wanting to put some speakers in my ceiling because I need all of the room that I can get on walls and shelves. Any recommendations? I know very little about it. I mostly want to know where and how I should mount them. If I mount tem flush with the ceiling do I need to put a box behind them? What size and how many should I go with? I just want a loud clear sound, doesnt have to have that much bass. I need everything, from the speakers to the reciever so if you could recomend some good brands and models to look out for that would be great too. I know the questions are broad but any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. 04

04 Guest

Well if you want in-ceiling speakers, LOUDSYSTEM I believe still sells some, you could IM him and ask.

As for the reciever, any old stereo reciever would work, and actually if you want to to run a lot of speakers, you might just be better off buying an amplifier. Do you have a cd player too?

3. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Yeah I have a cd player. I do have an old reciever and all as well. Just wanting to try to get some differant speakers in there.