Putting cell phone pics on the computer.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Sin, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Sin

Sin I :love: CooperR6

So I just got a new camera phone and I'm very illerate when it comes to computers. Can someone tell me how to put pics of my phone onto the computer?

2. jmechy

jmechy Calmer then you are.

Does it have bluetooth? Does it have a usb cable or support activesync or anything?

At the very least you can tell us what model of phone it is so we can help you.

3. Sin

Sin I :love: CooperR6

I'm not sure if it has any of that but it's the new Nokia, black and sliver one. Model 6102b

4. samm

samm Next in Line

5. cassetti

cassetti New Member

Don't know nokia phones that well - but i'm taking a wild guess and assume that you are on a GSM network (cingular, AT&T, Tmobile) - and i found a phone that may be the same model - is it a flipphone (clam shell)

if it is - i found one - model number is 6101 - it has a camera and video - if thats the one - i gota warn ya - the picture resolution is pretty low - if you are strapped for cash - its probably not worth the investment in the cable.

If that is the phone - it also does not have bluetooth - so you need to buy a data connection cable (hooks into the bottom of your phone - and you plug it into a USB slot) - generally it comes with software or simple instructions on how to use the cable.

My S710a by sony ericsson has a memory stick duo in it - i just pop that outa my phone and pop it into my memory card reader.

Your best bet for a cheap cable is probably ebay. just search for your phone - and you should find them pretty fast

6. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

i think a last resort (or first, depending on how you're lookin at it) would be to email the pics to yourself.

i've always been able to 'Send' pics to other people... and i just put in my email addy, and it shows up as an attachment. considering i dont use my cameraphone for very much that i care about... this is sufficient for me. i dont know if it will be for you.