GUN Putting a new site together...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by -RUNNR, May 1, 2004.

1. -RUNNR

-RUNNR Insanely truthful

Your thoughts?

http://www.allaboutmygun.com

Site will allow owners to keep a record of their firearms off premise; allow recordings of groupings from practice sessions; allow tracking of how certain hand loads perform in their firearms, and pick up handload recipes from others; classifieds for buying/selling; forums for bullshit; review application so they can review/read reviews on equipment/gear; photogallery for posting images of their firearms, etc; event calendar; links directory; and last but not least firearm related news.

Think she'll fly? :)

2. chiadog

chiadog Guest

interesting idea. but there are many people who doesn't like to leak the info on what firearms they own. keeping a record of the firearm off premises. sounds good in theory. but if the database gets hacked. the hacker can just report those serial numbers as missing. all of the owners will be holding on to "stolen property." especially for those who bought private party, and do not have a record of the sale. not safe enough IMO.

edit, i like the grouping idea.
    hand load section will need a disclaimer. u KNOW some idiot will use the loads off the site as is without working up the load. then blows their gun.

3. -RUNNR

-RUNNR Insanely truthful

Oh heck yeah, there will be one hell of a disclaimer...

As far as security, I agree. We are using the vb3 logins to secure that username/password, which is one of the better methods out there right now. In all of the applications I write, I take database security very serious. Been in biz for two years so far writing nice tight applications with no successful hacks done so far. *knock on wood*

Of course, the do not have to use the section, it's just another tool for their use if they so choose. And they would be the only ones with access to that data.

4. chiadog

chiadog Guest

GL. i hope it doesn't turn out to be another defense review. most of the review are either 5 star or 1 star. way to be objective.

5. -RUNNR

-RUNNR Insanely truthful

Any other thoughts out there? Looking for input...