GUN putting a knife down the front of your pants in a holster?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jimmy Jockstrap, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Is this an alright idea?the only problem i see is cutting yourself in the stomach or if the opponent is wuick they grab your forearm and force you to stab yourself in the gut/groin area.

IMO it would be good to give the scum criminal a cheap shot below the belt if you whip it out quickly.

2. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

maybe we'll get lucky and you'll accidently castrate yourself

3. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

which causes you to cringe and continue cutting :o

4. JRMS

JRMS Failing at life

I learned a little knife trick from a guy who used to teach knife fighting. He always kept a folder, the kind with a hole or notch on the blade so you can open it one handed, in his strong side back pocket. The idea was, if you get mugged you put your weak hand out in the "OK relax buddy, just let me grab my wallet" type deal. Then you pull the knife with your strong hand, and in one quick motion, grab agressors wrist (weilding gun, knife, club, whatever) with your other hand and stick him about a million times with your blade.

He did a demonstration for me and he was really quick with it. And I have no doubt it would be effective if praticed... assuming you have the gumption to actually stick someone. Reaching down the front of your pants is a very slow and deliberate movement that asks for homeboy to drop you. Nothing telegraphs: "I'm pulling a weapon" like reaching under the front of your shirt and trying to yank something out.

And get a folder with a slide lock. Not the old style lock blades that collapse on your fingers and cut you to the bone.

2c
    -Wade

5. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

:rofl:

Just wear a 5 point tactical vest at all times, and duct tape the sheath upside down on the strap on your right shoulder :hsugh:
    Wouldnt seem weird at all since you most probably wear body armor to the grocery store anyway

Bas Rutten - Stab him here, in the liver :rofl:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_cyPIJBjSE&mode=related&search=

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  6. sprite

sprite Active Member