put a chevy engine in a Ford Truck

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Guest, Oct 16, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Would it be expensive to put a chevy crate engine into a ford? I have a '79 bronco and i'm wondering what it would cost to modify everything so a chevy engine could fit in the engine bay?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Do you have a soul? Why on earth would you want to put a chevy engine in a ford truck?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

To make it run better.............
    My friends 56 Ford has a 383 stroker Chevy engine that runs like a mutha fuqer.........

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Soo...... you have no soul? It should be aganst the law to put different make motors in cars. leave it the way it was ment to be. Rebuild the motor and keep a ford a ford.

5. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

A friend of mine in high school put a Buick engine in a Chevrolet truck. It ran a Hell of a lot better with the 455 under the hood!

Another friend is planning to swap his Oldsmobile 455 into an older Camaro or Chevrolet/GMC truck. :fawk:

IMO, it'd be better to build a 351 or 460 for that Bronco.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah... but buick and chevy are both GM. Ford and Chevy are completely different. Ford motors should go in ford vehicles and chevys should go in chevys.

7. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

hell people have been putting different motors in different makes of cars for years look at all of the old hot rods uasaly a chevey 383 or 350 in a 32 ford go to a goodguys car show you will se plenty

8. spoon-ex

spoon-ex Active Member

unless u are building on offroader and will be changing other parts it would be best if u rebuilt or got a new 351 or 460 for the bronco instead of trying to swap in a chevy motor, its not too bad of a swap but depending on parts u have now u might have alot of changing to do or u could end up just having to change a few things

good luck with whichever route u go

9. xXVERBXx

xXVERBXx Tungsten Carbide Member

You can get more HP per dollar out of a chev crate motor that a ford crate motor, plus a chevy or GM crate motor is gunna be more reliable.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

It's his fuqin Bronco, let him do what he wants to it.......
    STOCK SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fawk:

11. SycoPhant

SycoPhant Get out my way

However he asked for advice, a fatal mistake :)

If you're interested, a friend of mine has a 351W for sale...

12. Guest

Guest Guest

:rofl: @advice...........