SRS pushing people away

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by diesel, Jul 23, 2005.

1. diesel

diesel Guest

has anyone ever had this experience before?!?!

i feel as if i really dont care about my personal relationships with my friends... i almost feel flakey but i dont know what it is from... i have been in and out of relationships with women who have smothered me and i feel like i cannot go do stuff with friends cause they want my time all the damn time and when i am not in a relationship i am hanging out more with my friends... now i just feel like i dont want to talk to anyone on the phone whatsoever, so if a friend calls i dont pick up and it gets to the point where its obvious that i am avoiding them but i have no excuse so i feel bad about calling them back..

i work in a call center and speak with idiots all day long... i really hate talking on the phone but i feel that is such an excuse.. but i cant get away from it..

another friend, i dated his fiance for awhile and ended up breaking them up... he got mad and wanted to kill me.. of course.. hehe.. well turns out we went from being enemys to being really cool friends... i have known him for about 8 years... off and on.. talk to him about eveyr 2 years... went to his wedding, didnt talk to him for another 2 years.... its really odd

i think part of it might be that i have been available for people to walk all over me and use me all my life that i am trying to make myself unavailable but to such an extreme that i am starting not to care about them at all...

any ideas??!?!

2. SpaMan

SpaMan Mind over matter.

No doubt you frustrate people with that kind of avoidance, but I'm sure if you wanted to remain friends with them explaining yourself would help...

Or maybe you dont want to talk to them for a reason; they've possibly become redudant friends you dont particularly relate to on a higher kind of level. I dunno, but I've known people with your problem and I get that feeling sometimes too. Nothing wrong with having time away from people that upset you.

3. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

haha, man ... the human doormat ...

man, just reread your post, and you don't need to ask any questions!!

the answer is ALREADY INSIDE OF YOU!!

:wavey:

4. ffunderfire

ffunderfire New Member

I was in your spot a while back. See I was married for 4 yrs. She didnt want to be with my friends at all. Turns out she cheated on me. So, point is, if you have friends, spend time with them. I lost alot of friends cause of that slut wife. Once you get out with your friends you'll feel better.

5. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

who was the slut??

the guy hanging with his friends, or the chick who found a real man?? :o

kinda makes you wonder, don't it??

6. ffunderfire

ffunderfire New Member

lol. Yea.

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Why have friends if you don't want social intereaction? Its a question you should ask yourself, you see having friends has good sides and downsides, if you decide to have friends you are going to have to swallow the downsides. If you don't bring love and light into your friends lives, then you might as wel not have friends at all, as they are only going to get hurt by your actions.