purpose of claybar?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Guest, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

what do the do?
    good for getting bugs off?
    i have a black car and the front is hard to keep the bugs off.

2. Big Juicy

Big Juicy Guest

A clay bar removes, tree sap mist, paint over spray, industrial fallout, water spots, bird droppings, and bug splatter, should help you out with bugs on yout front end

3. Turbo91MR2

Turbo91MR2 Guest

i tried the mothers clay bar and it didn't do shit....maybe helped get off some of the caked on stuff but i think what worked the best out of the lil kit they sell was the cleaner/wax...it didn't make the paint shine like new but boy did it remove water spots and motor oil that i always gets from my hands to the paint....that stuff really kicks...specially on white cars

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I don't like the Mother's clay bar kit very much-the clay isn't maliable enough so it is hard to get it really flat to remove imperfections quickly.

The best consumer clay kit I have found is the Clay Magic system. You get their blue clay (they have a more aggressive professional red version-and like the Meguiars professional version, it is not for beginners-very sticky and hard to use. It's only for serious paint overspray), some spray detailer and wax (the wax isn't that great). The clay folds easily and removes crap from the paint much more quickly than the Mothers clay.