GUN Purchasing through the CMP

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bigman7903, Dec 16, 2009.

1. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

I live in Cleveland (go to school just south of Pittsburgh) and was wondering how purchasing from the CMP works.

I was thinking of taking a trip out to the Port-Clinton location and picking up a target .22 rifle, specifically a Kimber 82. Would I be able to purchase said Kimber if i went to the physical store (considering I called and they were available)? If so, what would I need to complete said purchase, I know there were 11tybillion steps involved with mail-order and C&R's and junk, but would showing up remove this gunk?

2. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

Cool, thank you.

CCW completed w/ the card in my wallet, done.

Club affiliation, not quite. Any suggestions, there's no real club in my area, and seeing as I'm probably leaving the Cleveland area once college is over, membership to a local club is a large waste of money. Ie. cheap club membership?

3. Bacardi 151

Bacardi 151 New Member

GCA is the cheapest membership and is national. That is what most people sign up with.

http://www.thegca.org/

4. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

#1 Since this is your first order with them, your order form has to be notarized. The CMP south store has a notary on site. I have no idea if the north store does, but I would assume so. However I'd either call them and verify or just go to your bank and get it notarized

#2 You can join the GCA on site at the South Store. Again no idea if you can do that at the north store, call and find out. Or just send the $$$ to the GCA. The GCA transmits membership info electronically to the CMP weekly.