purchasing a PC. stick with current polishes or get new?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by dan avoN7, May 25, 2005.

1. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 New Member

finally i am going to purchase a porter cable. probably will go with the 7336 from lowes and then order the pads online. I currently have DACP, #82 Swirl free polish, and S100 wax. I've always uses these by hand and have had decent results. I have a black wrx and was just wondering if i should stick to these products or order some new stuff while im ordering the pads. I would like to order from the same vendor to save on shipping costs. Also do you guys recommend removing the wax from the container and smearing it on the finishing pad to use with a porter cable or should i still use the application pad by hand?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'd order a quart of #80 Speed Glaze. Aggressiveness is right in between #82 and #83 and it breaks down very quickly. You may also want to try Optimum Polish too. You can work it for a long time and there is practically no dusting.

3. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

I have the same question about getting the wax on the PC. The tin the wax comes in is barely big enough for the foam aplicator pad it came with, let alone a 6inch pad for the pc.

4. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Dig some out with a knife. I never use the PC for waxing anyway (pastes especially), I just do it with a foam applicator by hand.

5. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

I've heard of people that use thin knife to go around the edges of the wax and losen in from the container. Then they gentley flip it out onto a square of plastic wrap. Hold the wax by the plastic and spread on your buffer pad. When you're done you can leave the plastic on it and place it back in the jar it came in.

I've never done this because I prefer to use a slightly damp micro-fiber aplicator to apply paste wax.

6. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 New Member

So for S100 wax in the jar would you guys recommend taking it out and smearing it on the pad or just continue applying it by hand.

7. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

I just apply S100 by hand.

8. capcrnch

capcrnch Active Member

I have a PC question..
    Reading on Autotopia, it says to "work the polish into the paint"...
    My fear is burning the wax into the paint.. At what point do you differ working the polish into the paint and burning?

9. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

You aren't going to burn paint with a PC, it doesn't generate enough heat to.

Working it into the paint is just a reference to applying the polish to the paint correctly with the PC.

10. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You work the polish until it clears out or begins to dust. DACP will dust, for example and #80 and the Poorboy's SSRs will clear out.