GUN Purchased a Sig 220

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Aaron74, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Aaron74

Aaron74 Guest

I finally broke down and spent 780.00$ on a blued Sig P220 .45 Cal. And through-out the 200 shot break in at Carters Country, The gun was dead accurate for being right out of the box. I'm very pleased with the quality and accuracy of the gun. I'm not too happy with how tight the slide release is, but I'm sure that it's just because it's new and needs to be broken in more.

I can't really go comparing it to hand guns b/c i've only shot so many, but it's deff. better than a Ruger P90 an old school 1911 .45.

But, for having 350+ round put through it, I didn't have one single problem. I would happily say that it was well worth the money and should be a concideration for any 1st time hand gun buyer. Though the price was high..But you get what you pay for.

-Aaron :)

2. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

Man I forgot how expensive new guns are...I paid $600 for my used P220ST and I thought that was high when I bought it.
    Nimesh

3. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

P220's are awesome. I'm gonna buy a new stainless one sometime in the future. I have a Browning BDA (Brownings version of the Sig P220 before Sig sold in the U.S. but with a european mag release) now and it's a great gun.

4. monolith

monolith My soul grows ever weary and the end is ever near. OT Supporter

5. Aaron74

Aaron74 Guest

I don't have a camera yet. But, I get payed tomorrow.

The one thing I LOVE, is the de-cocking. It brings the hammer back REAL slow and smooth. It doesn't just slam like most guns. Make me feel sure it's not going to fire.
    As far as firing it, smooth and nice. Not much kick at all. The slide release is Tight, more that a thumb can handle after 10 times..lol.