COMIC Punisher #54 *possible spoilers*

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Nader_D, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Nader_D

Nader_D HAHAHEHHUH ---- POOOHhHhHHCHhh! OT Supporter

There is only 1 smilie that can explain my feelings of the most recent issue....

:eek3:

that is all. I'm not sure if the last line of the issue means the Punisher is going to be 'away' for a while, or if Ennis is done on the series...or is the series done? :noes:

god damnit im so excited now ive read it twice...if you dont follow my threads, im a huge Punisher fan. Timberwolf is working on a punisher commission for me :noes: ive been shitting my pants about it for the last 3-4 weeks since we talked...,anways getting offtopic here lol

your thoughts?

2. Sock

Sock New Member

Hell of a story line with a hell of a conclusion. Everybody got fucked up. Today was a good day for comics.

3. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

That was awesome.

4. void

void oh yeah?

i wondered how the punisher was going to work over someone like that...i didn't see this coming though. him just snapping like that and just wanting to kill the first thing he sees...which is frank and his little girl (fat chance that happening).

i like where this is going.

and punisher max is going to continue, just not with garth ennis or tim bradstreet...which made the whole series appealing to begin with. :hs:

5. Nader_D

:wtc:

i knew the day would come when Ennis left the series...I just hope they get someone of similar style to continue the series. and by style i mean dark, lots of death and violence, and seeing the world through the eyes of a born killer.

This was one of the first series that I started reading when I got into comics, so ill always be loyal :hs:

6. void

void oh yeah?

the guy that is taking it over did the punisher max annual, can't remember his name, but it was pretty decent.

i'll give it a try

7. Highlander_77

Highlander_77 Wicked smaht

I was extremely satisfied with the conclusion of this story. Rarely have I itched to see a bad guy get what's coming to him as much as I did in this one. And this issue didn't disappoint...absolutely brutal, the way Barracuda was dispatched. Punisher = :bowdown:

8. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but is it just me or has JSA been delayed? I know it's coming out next week, but seems like a long time since i read it.

9. Gauntlet04

Gauntlet04 The Light

One of the best arc's Ennis did. Great story, and one helluva of a conclusion. I was getting sad and more sad as I felt the pages thinning out in my hand as I was finishing it.

Jesus Christ you just do not fuck with the Punisher or his family. Case in point. Barracuda's ass.

10. axio

axio New Member

Absolutely brutal to Barracuda. It was over the top but nothing like the spoon-up-the-ass you saw in The Walking Dead. So it was fantastic.

11. Gauntlet04

Gauntlet04 The Light

I don't feel it was over the top. I felt it done right in accordance with the story itself. Barracuda threatened Frank's daughter. Frank doesn't take threats against his family lightly and did what he had to do put Barracuda down once and for all.

Remember Up is Down, Black is White

12. axio

axio New Member

IDK, Frank is very cut and dry about his killing, chopping off his arm and ripping off his nose was a bit over the top.

13. Nader_D

unfortunatley, i have to disagree with Axio...to me the punisher is an over the top type of guy. punisher has dealt with barracuda in a very cut and dry type of way in the past arcs theyve been in, so for him to threaten his daughter, i think the punisher did a perfect job. it may have seemed over the top, but it was that type of beating that he had to give barracude in order for him to stay down for good.

just my useless $0.02

needless to say im happysad for the next arc

14. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

I sat on this thread for weeks as I waited to catch up on this series(missed issue 52 or somethign and was too lazy to find it right away)

So now that I caught up, I am bumping this thread.

That arc was badass. I think ripping his nose off made sense, as he was trying to get him off him. The killing of him was one of the most brutal things I've ever seen in comics. holy shit.
    fucking awesome.
    K.
    I had to vent and tell someone.

15. void

void oh yeah?

frank didn't go over the top...

if his daughter wasn't strapped to a bomb and he wanted to get her off of that shit asap...then he would have taken his time with that motherfucker to get the info he needed about what's going down on this current arc (and for generally pissing him the fucking off and messing with his daughter).

16. THE LIOG

THE LIOG EVVVVVVVVEERRYYOONNNNNNNE EEEEE

new arc looks like it's got promise