Pulled the trigger on Paradigm Studio 100 v.4s

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ronin, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Ronin

Ronin Guest

These things are NEW, dealer didnt even know they were selling until he checked the computer they will be here in like 10 business days give or take. Decided to go with black finish, black pairs well with different furniture etc a lot better than other colors, my soon to be rears will be in sycamore but oh well, not a biggy. (i got my studio 20s used anyway). 100s are gonna get powered by two Outlaw Audio monoblocks kicking 200 watts rms into 8 ohms. :big grin: Probably going to get the cc-690 and another outlaw amp in jaunary.

new signatures:
    [​IMG]

new studios
    [​IMG]
    look at that new cc-690 :eek5:

new monitor series:
    [​IMG]

PRESS RELEASE

PARADIGM INTRODUCES NEXT GENERATION STUDIO SPEAKERS

Redesigned cones and cutting-edge domes leave revamped Paradigm Reference Series primed to continue as a front-runner in the high-end audio market

Denver, CO – CEDIA EXPO 2006 – September 13 - 17, 2006 – Booth # 760 – Paradigm Electronics Inc., an international leader in speaker design and manufacturing, introduces its latest Paradigm® Reference Studio series of music and home theater speakers. Since its inception in 1996, the series has seen no lull in its ability to win awards and rave reviews for audio excellence.

This fourth-generation of speakers features two significant design upgrades: G-PAL™ gold-anodized pure-aluminum tweeter domes (introduced in the company’s critically acclaimed Signature Series) and S-PAL™ satin-anodized pure-aluminum woofer cones. What’s more, as the popularity of speakers to complement lifestyle and décor continues to increase, two new on-wall models — the Eclipse (L/R) and Eclipse C (center channel) — lend added versatility to this very popular series. With affordability still key, Studio v.4 seems primed to continue as a front-runner in the high-end audio market.

The gold-anodizing process used on the G-PAL dome guarantees superb rigidity without adding mass. In addition, the reduced radius of curvature on the new tweeter diaphragm elicits inherent improvements in sound dispersion. The phase-alignment bridge and slightly elevated position of the tweeter dome within the WaveGuide™ chassis further improve sound dispersion off axis. High-power dual ferrite/ceramic magnets, powerful motor structures, and die-cast heatsink chassis remain unchanged from the previous generation.

MLP™ mica-loaded co-polymer cones, a staple on Studio and Signature midrange and bass/midrange drivers, have been supplanted by a new generation of S-PAL satin-anodized pure-aluminum cones. Chosen for their tremendous high-stiffness-to-low-mass ratio, their silvery aluminum hue is also a crowd-stopping touch – particularly teamed with the stunning gold-anodized dome tweeter. As in previous generations, black mineral-filled polypropylene bass cones control the lower frequencies.

The muscle behind midrange, bass/midrange, and bass drivers remains essentially unchanged. Massive heatsinks and AVS™ die-cast chassis (highly damped and extremely rigid) are still more than capable of meeting the high-performance needs of these powerful drive units. As in v.3, satin-anodized solid-aluminum phase plugs are used in lieu of dust caps to promote extended frequency response; increase airflow through the motor structure for better power handling; and improve phase response by removing any possibility of on-axis beaming. The oversized magnet assemblies found in v.3 continue to ensure very low distortion and exceptional linearity across the series.

Paradigm’s proprietary IMS/SHOCK-MOUNT™ (IMS), a unique butyl-rubber driver mounting system, first seen on Signature drivers, continues its job of decoupling drivers from the speaker enclosure, thereby reducing driver/enclosure resonances and vibrations to inaudible levels. Where required, grille assemblies are designed for low diffraction. Sculpted curves add to the high-end appeal of this new generation of Studio speakers. Floorstanding and center-channel models include elegant outrigger feet.

The Studio v.4 Lineup:
    Studio 20 – 2-driver 2-way bookshelf: 7˝ bass/mid, 1˝ G-PAL; $899/pr
    Studio 40 – 3-driver 2.5-way bookshelf: 7˝ bass, 7˝ mid/bass, 1˝ G-PAL; $1, 399/pr
    Studio 60 – 3-driver 2.5-way floorstanding: 7˝ bass, 7˝ mid/bass, 1˝ G-PAL; $1, 799/pr
    Studio 100 – 5-driver 3-way floorstanding: 3 x 7˝ bass, 7˝ mid, 1˝ G-PAL; $2, 499/pr
    CC-590 – 4-driver 3-way center: 2 x 7˝ bass, 4.5˝ mid, 1˝ G-PAL; $899/ea
    New Model! CC-690 – 6-driver 3.5-way center: 2 x 7˝ bass, 2 x 7˝ mid/bass, 4.5˝ mid, 1˝ G-PAL; $1, 199/ea
    New Model! Eclipse – 4-driver 3-way on-wall: 2 x 7˝ bass, 4.5˝ mid/bass, 1˝ G-PAL; $999/ea
    New Model! Eclipse C – 4-driver 3-way on-wall: 2 x 7˝ bass, 4.5˝ mid/bass, 1˝ G-PAL; $999/ea
    Studio ADP-590 – 5-driver 3-way surround: 7˝ bass, 2 x 4.5˝ mid/bass, 2 x 1˝ G-PAL; $599/ea

FMV prices are in U.S. dollars. Available in a variety of finishes, Studio v.4 high-resolution images will be available after CEDIA Expo 2006.

PS I have a new digital rebel XTi on the way so Ill have hi res pics when I get the speakers. :big grin:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2006
  2. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

VERY nice. Need some cabling for those suckers and your new amp? :hsugh:

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

he said the Monster Cable display rack had everything he needed.

:mamoru:

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

lol yes, i forgot about you, you still makin em? i was gonna get some blue jeans ones but hell i can go thru u

i need new RCAs, prolly a pair of 20 footers

and 12 total feet of speaker wire as the amps will be right next to the speakers (its going to look cool the way im going to arrange it)

not sure how thick on the speaker wire i should go, enough to handle 200 watts rms :dunno:

and i want the nicest stuff you can craft :big grin: and it will all be in black, no tech flex

5. veonake

PM exact specs (# channels, etc) and I'll let ya know.

6. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

:squint: sure, ignore the funny guy.

7. Ronin

Ronin Guest

lol, sorry :hs:

8. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

it was really for veo, but the fucker went straight into a sales pitch. :mamoru:

9. Ronin

Ronin Guest

gotta do what u gotta do :mamoru:

10. veonake

Sorry, I saw it, and laughed. Not in a good mood the past few days, some relationship stuff is going on I'm still dealing with. Kills a bit of the funny bone. :hs:

11. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

:( sucks dude. glad you laughed tho! relationship stuff will do that to you, hope things work out for you :x:

I just got through some stuff myself. :sadwavey: <--(i just wanted to use this smiley)

12. Harry V. Gina

Harry V. Gina How did your family do in Katrina?

Nice speakers. It looks like they took the drivers from the old signatures and stuck them in the studios?

13. TFunkadelic

TFunkadelic One Nation Under A Groove

20 foot rca's? why?

14. veonake

(Hope you don't mind if I answer for you Ronin)

He's actually going with 15 foot RCA's, and I believe the reason is that he's placing his two mono amps close to the speakers and will run single channel RCA's out from his receiver to the monoblocks. I bet it will look pretty nice once it's complete.

15. veonake

16. Ronin

Ronin Guest

correcto mundo

17. Ronin

Ronin Guest

pretty much

18. Ronin

Ronin Guest

ill have more and better pics soon enuf

[​IMG]