PUA people?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Nev, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I just read some stuff for the first time really. I've never had trouble with getting pickign up girls, but I thought I'd check it out anyway since I'm recently single.

Anyway, my take on it is the stuff:

There's some decent information in a lot of the material, especially the social dynamics aspect of it. Seems like it would be good to instill some confidence in people along with a few points to keep someone from totally screwing a situation up. It's good for getting into the mentality of 'fuck it' when it comes to approaching random girls.

My complaint is in the cookie-cutter lines and stuff they give. If anyone uses this stuff directly, then :rofl: ... but in general I think a lot of the concepts are at least good/useful if taken in the proper context. :dunno:

Not sure why everyone hates on the stuff so bad as there is some good information if youre able to weed through the bullshit and understand the more general concepts.

2. Infection

Infection Guest

Really, if you don't mind talking to people socially and not just sucking a girl's dick all day, you're fine. The PUA shit is just a way for people who are unconfident to become more confident.

Oh, and the book is catered towards club whores who are brain dead. Don't use a single line otherwise, but understand the point of playfully teasing.

3. Panoptimist

Panoptimist Put a bangin' donk on it.

What's PUA?

4. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

Lol, I used to be a member way back when it first started. So embarrassing but I was in my early teens. The beginning of sosuave and the bible and when all these guys making money on books were just shitty posters. It helped me with girls in junior high and highschool if that tells you anything about the games and methods they have on there. It doesn't work on girls with half a brain after highschool (Or in highschool for that matter). In other words girls worth your time.

Of course the best posts and probably the only useful ones were the field reports. Guys crashing and burning with canned shit from the site and if they stuck with it for a few months, finding out that talking to girls and flirting really isn't a life or death experience and doesn't have to have any method. That's how you gain confidence, by doing. We are remarkably adept at figuring out social cues for ourselves or watching others so you could really see the guys progress quite fast.

5. giz

giz Active Member

pick up arts

if you guys are concerned about discussing who "it works on" you are missing the point entirely. its about changing your own perspective.

6. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

its good for a few things
    1. stop worshipping women, they are people too
    2. general confidence
    3. that you should tease, pretty shit that the other half of guys picked up in elementary school

7. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

it's fun.

the success rate of conversion from avg. chode to PUA is really, really low. also the number of guys who actually have some skillz in terms of getting laid isn't clear. i know Juggler can do it... rather impressively... although he's not the stuff of legends at the moment what with his recent divorce and existential dilemmas.

i haven't approached a girl during the day in forever, so i'm back to square one.

but when you do see progress, it's one of the best feelings in the world. any person who argues against the PUA concept "in principle," makes me :mamoru:, because they would jump some PUA dick without realizing it, or perhaps realizing it, given half the chance.

8. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

seems like its aimed towards men who are not confident and have no self esteem to just man up and talk to someone. its one thing to be shy, its another to just avoid women all together.

9. JohnJohnJohnson

be that as it may, don't think to yourself, "i'm not gonna study PUA material because that means i'm not confident and have no self-esteem."

if you're confident and have self-esteem then that's not in question. :)

10. Panoptimist

The general ideas are spot on. Gotta adapt the rules to your scenario. Lord knows I haven't learned it. Or at least acted on them. Well, not after I've been going with this girl for awhile. Things been to stagnant. Too late now that she's gone.

11. JohnJohnJohnson

:bowrofl:

12. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

sometimes i wonder what i would be like if i hadnt read all the pua shit towards the end of high school, and i'm not saying that as a good/bad thing :dunno:

13. JohnJohnJohnson

Here are some opinions from threads past on PUA stuff.

Cheers,

14. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

i'm diggin' that first bolded line, the you're cute but i can't say that line

thanks

15. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

I never realized how close I personally am to alot of these 'guides' and i've never really read one til today :rofl:

16. Panoptimist

So, "Nice shoes, wanna fuck?" Worked on JJJ...however, I think it has more to do with homegirl than homeboy. Girls just wanna fuck. Depending on where their passions are directed you'll get lucky or you wont.

There was some statistic that an extremely high percentage of women in bars responded immediately "yes" to being approached and asked the simple question "you want to go fuck?" I think that was in Germany though. :o

17. JohnJohnJohnson

So the numbers game in other words. What percentage of hot girls actually are just waiting for a guy to bluntly offer sex? :dunno: maybe it really is that likely :x:

18. Panoptimist

I'd say more than less. (No matter your standards of hot).

19. JohnJohnJohnson

Ha. Well one hopes so. Hot as in "conventionally" attractive, people likely staring, pretty face, other nice thimgs :naughty:, etc. Do you have a type?

20. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

I'm not sure if I would use a line like that as an opener, but definately within the first few minutes. Have to feel out the situation first.

21. giz

giz Active Member

I'd love to know what an "extremely high percentage" is, and how many of those yes answers actually led to sex.

more than anything, the success of that type of approach is going to hinge on how the woman immediately perceives a guy's value so the success is going to range wildly.

and regardless, that's not pua. that's lazy as fuck.

22. JohnJohnJohnson

Dunno what is PUA or not PUA apart from what works.

That said, "Be lazy," is a lesson from comp. sci. but applies generally.

23. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I was thinking the same thing. I can walk into the bar not showering and looking homeless and get slapped for asking that (already did it to prove it to myself). Or you can pamper yourself go about the room ignoring the target and creating value with everyone and then get to her and shes already seen what you all about and ready to go.

It's so situational that you have to go out there and learn what works for you.

Yes I've read the book and thought it was slow, but I enjoyed listening to him describe different pickups. Just as I enjoy hearing my other guy friends have success with their attempts at creating attraction/seduction.

24. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I have been using this kind of stuff since high school. I don't use canned material

Things I use from PUAs:

Make eye contact
    Smile
    Be interesting and not sitting in a corner not talking but sulking
    Be funny make jokes
    Don't be a creeper
    Be confident

I'm very interested in NLP and am looking into this.

25. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

No one on here sarge in SD? Damn. That's why I'm moving to LA. More chicks to pull