MIL PT, good for you, good for me

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Immortal1, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

i'm preparing to get a slot for airborne school next summer. my pt score is about a 270 right now. i max the run and the situps. the pushups however always kick my ass.

i've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week and beating my face before bed. i was wondering if any of you had the same issue and what routines you would recommend...i can only knock out 50ish in 2 minutes but they are done with good form.

hopefully if i max the pushups, 71 in 2 min, my PT score will be about a 325 on the extended scale. thanks for the info

2. Mint Berry Crunch

Mint Berry Crunch Active Member

The extended scale was abolished.

3. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

I don't think we got dropped for more then 10 4count pushups during airborne school. Watch out for those 9min/mile runs as well ;)

4. PlayingGod

PlayingGod New Member

do 2 minutes of pushups, as many as you can. then do 2 minutes of situps (dont stress yourself on the situps). then do however many pushups you did during the 2 minutes, and do 10 more, then do situps, then more pushups.

5. JSin

JSin New Member

I have the same "problem", what has helped for me is doing push-ups all day long. About every hour or half I drop down and do 40-50. I do about 500 a day. It seems to be helping... along with my normal lifting routine. Pushups are more endurance based than lifting so I need to build up that endurance.

6. pakman

pakman New Member

9-min mile pace? Airborne school really that easy?

7. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

i think eghonda was referring to how he can get his pt score higher so he can get the slot for airborne. they usually look at guys pt scores in the unit to see who gets the slot among other things. i dont think he was talking about airborne itself. i may be wrong and if he is wondering if he is in shape for airborne, theres nothing to worry about its so insanely easy, was almost a joke

8. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

a career MSgt Combat Controller told me to just do a set of pushups, then while resting do situps. Then do planks to build endurance. Switch off from planks to pushups every set.

9. pb4life

pb4life Guest

okay so airborn school is easy you say i am set there what about ranger school i heard that was real hard

10. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

ranger school was the hardest thing i have done in my life so far. hit me up on aol im if you want to talk about it

11. Accord

Accord New Member

What are planks?

12. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Where you lower yourself to the ground like a pushup, but instead of pushing up, you stay there and hold it for as long as you can. Try for 20 sec holds, then drop all the way to the ground. The first couple are easy, but then after a few it starts to burn.
    Body needs to be prefectly straight from head to ankles for good form.

13. PlayingGod

PlayingGod New Member

do some team builders.. get in the front lean and rest and go down, and do 1" pushups, do like 100 and then push all the way up on the last one..

14. khajja

khajja New Member

i'd suggest doing pushups on one of hte inflatable balls. builds your stablizer muscles and balance-it'll help.