Psychology behind friendzone? (long story)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by NaviQ200, Nov 21, 2007.

1. NaviQ200

NaviQ200 New Member

Hey Vag crew, long time reader, first time poster. As a matter of fact i'm not a post whore at all, I only post when I feel the need to share something interesting. I love the mind, psychology and tapping into people's brains, it's what i'm good at. And seems like everyone else here on vag is also good at it, so I'd like to share something I read on another forum regarding 'friendzone' psychology that i found interesting.

What are your inputs? anyone else feel there's merit in the second story regarding why someone gets friendzoned?

2. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

not reading that shit. friendzone doesn't exist. girl categorises you into chode or someone she would fuck very quickly. that's the only difference

3. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:ugh:

You are talking semantics.

What we call "friendzone", you call "chode" (which is very 90's btw).

4. ware_ru

no, when people say friendzone they mean to say that the girl likes you so much as a friend that it removes her desire to fuck you. along the friends/real ladder distinction. it is a fallacy.

5. ware_ru

then that would be accurate, yeah. ime when people use it they use it as something of an excuse (hence the presence of the word "friend") why they aren't attractive to the girl

6. NaviQ200

NaviQ200 New Member

Maybe, but if you're flirting with someone you just met, and she's flirting back then you have a good chance to fuck her brains out if you don't miss that window of opportunity - its all about timing. you still get friendzoned if you take too long, eventho she might've fucked you when she just met you

7. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

yea if you take too long it just means you are BEING a pussy in the girls eyes and belong in friendzone in my eyes.

8. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Because I read all of that, I think you should post a bigger pic of your av.

9. ChillerTwist

ChillerTwist New Member

truth

i've been thorough both scenarios and they are exactly like that, lol
    it's sometimes hard to put into words, so whoever wrote that did a good job

10. fray

fray New Member

that kinda reads like a 60's public service announcement

11. NCS

NCS Active Member

how do you explain this situation

girl likes you -> you fail to act on it due to whatever -> girl moves on to totally wanting some other guy yet you both keep in touch -> you are now in the friendzone even though you are qualified as an attractive male

12. deleterious

deleterious OT Supporter

great post

13. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

I fail to see the point of posting this, two possible scenarios out of thousands.

14. NaviQ200

NaviQ200 New Member

heheh.. sorry dude, that pic is long lost - i put that up in 2002 when you didn't have to pay for avatars. Now i can't change it unless i pay :(

You can't deny they're pretty common scenarios tho. I'm sure there are plenty of reason why she might friendzone a guy, but i think the author was trying to touch upon the psychology behind most friendzone situations.

15. phish

phish hockey crew

haha kinda true

16. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

yesyes. It always annoyed me when people here say you have to get a girl to sleep with you immediately or you get friendzoned. There is a middle ground that works just as well: take her on a DATE and KISS HER. The thing that matters is that you're interacting in the right context, not whether you can round the bases before the time bell rings.

Sex binds, but that won't do you any good if you screw up everything else. In the first story the guy figures he's "hooked" the girl and lets himself get sloppy... she is going to get tired of that eventually and, short of leaving him, won't be nearly as enthusiastic as she was at the start (Why would she, when he's not as attractive as he was then?) Plenty of women stay married to guys they are bored with. They also nag, gain weight, and stop initiating sex.

17. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

sounds pretty RSD to me

18. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Yeah that's just a symptom stemming from from something else she's 'disappointed' with.

Both scenarios aren't written from objective standpoints. There's a lot of subjective interpretation.