FRK Psych Question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by chakup, May 27, 2008.

1. chakup

chakup Guest

So I've noticed it in my own relationship- and it was also mentioned in the forced fem thread- is there an explainable reason why guys will do just about anything if turned on enough? The things I'll do when I'm horny/turned on amaze me- and sometimes afterward am left with a feeling of wow- did I really do that!! Just curious from the psych majors, or anyone else, the explanation if there is one.

2. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Not sure about the psych answer behind it, but I know what you mean.

I've done some crazy things while horny :rofl: It took years before I could really let go and have fun though, I would always have that semi-guitly feelying like "maybe I shouldnt have done that". I really don't get that any more :dunno: I think it was a comming to terms with myself thing. At first it would be like "Well, maybe i shouldnt have enjoyed that so much"...but if I enjoy it, then I enjoy it...no reason not to do it again.

It is amazing how quick things can change once you nut though...Id love to hear more on the subject

3. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

Can't answer to the Psych part of it, but we've had a couple of "oh shit" moments recently. It was fun and oh so hot while we were doing it but maybe not such a good idea afterwards (although one was alcohol assisted so....)

4. Bubba Atlantis

Bubba Atlantis New Member

Sorry, your looking for a neuropsychologist, my area is social/personality psychology. I can give you hypothesis about the internal motivations but as far as the actions of neurotransmitters, I can not provide much in that area.

Unfortunately I do not know that you will get much of a biological answer as it is as I highly doubt that it has been studied. The topic tends to be poorly studied for obvious social reasons/fears

5. affende

affende Resident 4X4 Elitest Prick

in for story???

i can do some weird things when im turned on hahahah ...

6. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

I'm interested for the brainpan side of the question actually, if you don't mind throwing up a theory or two. Biochem isn't really necessary, methinks. :bigthumb:

7. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

8. Mark817teg

Mark817teg OT Supporter

Thats the ashamed feeling I described; I'm in for the answer as well. I'm sure it is some abundance of a chemical that is present once aroused... but what do i know.

I know it has led to some good times.

I wonder if it ever is related to trauma? (did I spell that right?) I was never so open minded until after a major accident which was life changing in many ways.

Can you pin point a time in your life were you suddenly found yourself giving into the aroual and just doing it? I know there was definatley a point where no matter how aroused I wouldn't do what i've done recently.

9. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Wow, Ive never even thought about it, but there is a series of specific events that lead up to me "giving into the arousal". Had those events never happened, I doubt I would be where I am sexually today.

As for the "what the fuck did I do feeling"...I think it may be similar to the depression after an ecstasy binge. You flood your bring with you seratonin, you feel great...but then you are low on seratonin and while waiting for that to replentish, you can feel like complete shit and depressed. im thinking its a similar situation, the rush of the arousal comes...and then it passes and chemically you are left empty for a little bit.

I noticed that when I would get this feeling, 10-20 minutes later, the regret or wtf feeling usually passes. I would assume this would be the chemicals replentishing themselves.

10. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Post orgasm, all those MonoAmine oxidase bits that float around your brain and blood stream that fuel cravings and and desire are sated. Your seratonin goes back to a reasonable level and you are Satified. SO, All teh crazy shit you would do to get your fix (same works for sex as in Addictive drug use/behaviors) are no longer reasonable.

11. Mark817teg

Mark817teg OT Supporter

Makes enough sense for me. Our bodies are crazy things..