PSU questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GuOD, Jan 22, 2005.

1. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

I was thinking of upgrading my 380 truepower Antec that came in my sonata to either a 480 or a 550. I was just reading their website and it looks like all of them have 2 fan only connectors so I was just wondering if all the power supplies are the same size?? If so, do they all have the same connectors? I wanted to make 100% sure I can swap say a 550 into my sonata and have the same quiet as with a 380

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

If you're gonna get rid of the stock psu (good) don't get an antec. Get a sparkle or fortron. They're cheaper and better. If you want something fancy, grab an enermax.

3. reverse

reverse hooooooooo

Listen to Jolly and get a fortron.

4. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

I figured Antec would be best because of those fan only connectors that keep my computer silent except for the vid card fan. Do the enermax and forton PS have the same fan type connectors as the antec psus?? Quietness is pretty important for me

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

pretty much every decent mobo will control your fans... and they do a better job than the psu.

overall, antec is a generic-quality psu with a high-end price tag. Fortron and Sparkle are high-end psu's with a mid-range pricetag. Enermax is a high-end psu with a high-end price.

6. karma

karma you reap what you sow

I third getting a Fortron.