PSU Fan problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lateralus, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I usually open up Asus Probe once a day just to check on my temp and fan speeds. Well I open it up today, and I see this, my PSU fan, according to this is not moving at all. Now this is the second time this has happened, all I have to do is simply restart the computer and everything go back to normal, my PSU fan usually stays around 1500rpm. Do I need to be worried about this? Everything seems to be running fine, I just build this computer about two months ago, by the way the PSU is an Antec 350w, thanks.

[​IMG]

2. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

did you actually look to see if the PSU fan is moving. ASUS Probe isn't the most accurate program in the world. it says my 12V rail is is 12.7, my cpu fan drops to 700rpm sometimes, when in reality is rarely is slower than 4500rpm, my 120mm case fan ranges in speed for 1200rpm to 4000 rpm. dont trust it.

3. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I've checked before and couldn't tell cause it's dark in my dorm room and the PSU fan doesn't blow out that much air to begin with. I'll have to grab a flashlight and look, suggestions on any other programs that will do a better job of monitoring my computer?

4. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

motherboard monitor is my favorite one except the fan speeds you have to configure it out, which i have yet to do that. it does temps awesome though.