psp rock band

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by lolcula, Jun 18, 2009.

1. lolcula

lolcula OT Supporter

is a waste of time or a sure win?

2. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

It's basically Frequency/Amplitude 3, right? Sounds like win to me. I haven't gotten it yet though.

3. [dRu]

[dRu] Active Member

I've been playing it for a couple weeks. It's ok :dunno:

4. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

i picked it up, its alot of fun, good time killer. its got a learning curve to it. ive finally started to get it down where i can play on hard without much problem

5. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

If you're a fan of the genre and not just someone who jumped on the Guitar Hero bandwagon, then you've already played Frequency and Amplitude and know exactly how Rock Band Unplugged should play. If you haven't played Frequency then you missed one of the best rhythm games ever made and should insert peni into your moooouuuuuth.

6. Fareo

Fareo New Member

ive been a huge harmonix fan and i used to play freq and amplitude all the time.. so i figured id be pretty good at this, wrong.

i just released in all version of these music games (by harmonix at least) you always use the color buttons with 1 hand, freq/amp you use square triangle circle, guitar hero/rockband you use the neck.. on the PSP however you use up/left and triangle/circle, so your using both hands. the coordination makes it a lot harder becasue your brain is used to hitting the buttons with 1 hand and when it asks you to hit a power chord with 2 buttons on either side in the middle of a phrase your brain farts.

i donno thats just how i feel about it :dunno: i am playing on hard/expert

7. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

i felt same way but im getting it down pretty well now. its takes a bit to get your brain to understand the buttons you should be hitting. once you do its not too bad

8. Fareo

Fareo New Member

ya im enjoying it but to be honest im kinda already getting sick of the song list.. as i stated i own all the harmonix games and ive been sending them my money in extange for more tracks for Rockband 1&2 so it just so happens i have most of these on my ps3... and ive already played them to death and since i cant play my downloaded songs on my psp and i already have a hard time justifying my home rockband purchases and my LBP pokemon syndrome (gotta collectem all :hs:) i highly dout im gonna coin up 2 bucks again for the same song on something im gonna play by myself once in a while at work...

eh its a cool game and if your a casual music gamer and you want something on the go this is 10X better then gutiarhero DS, but it just makes me want a true 3 button sequel to amplitude :o

9. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

yeah... ive got every rock band 1 and 2 song so far except for country packs. its retarded how much ive burned on songs