http://www.local6.com/news/12311944/detail.html Ammo Explodes As Firefighters Battle House Fire POSTED: 5:59 pm EDT April 17, 2007 UPDATED: 10:08 am EDT April 18, 2007 E-mail this story | Print this story Sign Up for Breaking News Alerts ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A massive fire that engulfed an Orange County home with a garage filled with ammunition Tuesday night was accidentally sparked by the homeowner. Homeowner Fred Schloetzer said he accidentally started the blaze inside his home located on Almark Drive near South Orange Blossom Trail Tuesday night when a spark from his welding iron landed on a gas can." "I reached over to get the gas can a couple of times and the radiant heat was so great the second time, I just ran," homeowner Fred Schloetzer said. Witnesses said when firefighters arrived, flames were covering the house. Firefighters said the blaze was extinguished at Scholetzer's home in minutes even after bullets stored in the garage exploded. "The booms were like a war zone," resident Zach Meyers said. Schloetzer told Local 6's Erik von Ancken that he questions whether firefighters did enough to save his home. "There was too much looking at each other and…(shrugs)," Schloetzer said. "I'll speak for my guy and there was no delay," Orange County Fire Battallion Chief Reggie Price said. "We come into all of these calls in an offensive mind meaning we are going to go in, knock down the fire, put it out and save anybody inside." Price said the ammunition changed the strategy of fighting the fire. "When we had that amount of fire and the ammunition going off, we changed into defensive mode," Price said. "That meant we had to back up a little bit and reposition our lines." The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is investigating the incident. Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.