PS3 Graphics

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FlyingHigh, Nov 27, 2006.

1. FlyingHigh

FlyingHigh New Member

What video card is compairable to the PS3? Does the geforce 8800 series out perform the ps3?

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

Hell yes the 8800 will out perform the PS3
    As to what the PS3 has as it's equal, I have no idea.

I be willing to beat a that the 7800s and for sure the 7900s will beat the crap out of a PS3's graphics.

3. keensab

keensab Bang Boom Pow!

yes..... but the spe's are used for graphical computations in addition to the main gpu. There are 7 of them!

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

You're never going to beat a console's graphics on a PC because the console is connected to a television, and the television masks the graphical flaws that a PC monitor clearly displays.

Besides, you don't buy a PC just for it's graphical capabilities. Even the most die-hard gamer will still check their email on their gaming rig.

5. Moistfly

Moistfly Anal Bum Cover

Anandtech had a pretty in depth write up on the 80 series cards and they mentioned that the 7950gt (It might have been the 7900) was pretty much on par with what a PS3 was capable of. They also mentioned the fact that when the PS3 spec was finalized there was a lot of press coming out that no pc would ever match it and the g80s are already a step beyond :mamoru:

6. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

From what I've read the cell structure of the PS3 graphics is a brilliant design,
    and is a lot better than people have given it credit for.

I could be wrong but from the sounds of it, I think nVidia did something similar in concept with the 8800 cards.