COMIC PS2/X-Box DVD question

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by blinka, Feb 4, 2005.

1. blinka

blinka Nobody Does it Better Than Me

So, even though volume 1 worked just fine, the second volume of Outlaw Star won't play on my PS2. What are the chances that it will work on my X-Box? I'm just wondering because I'm wondering if I should buy the x-box remote.

2. seven

seven New Member

no way to telll, but i guess it wont

3. m0rningbreakfast

m0rningbreakfast New Member

Assuming the Xbox's DVD kit is still $30-40, you can buy an APEX of Cyberhome DVD player at Wal-Mart, Bestbuy, Sears, Target, etc. for about the same price.

Apex and Cyberhome are known for their cheapo DVD players that will virtually play any legit DVD, burned DVD-R & DVD+R movie, CDR, .mp3 on CDR/DVDR, etc. And 9/10 models of either company can be region mode hacked to play regions 0-9 with the touch of the remote.

Or you can think about getting the Philips DVp-642, an even better DVD player in that it will play .avi's (encoded in Divx) that are burnt onto CDR or DVDR! This retails for about $60-70.

4. Sito

Sito Each To Their Own

You can mod your xbox for ~ $80 $40 for chip, and $40 for mod. There's a guy in Mass that does a good job. If you mod your xbox you can run almost any type of media through XBMC Xbox Media Center. So that works well and at the same time you get a modded xbox that can play burned games and do all the wonderful things you can do with a modded xbox :)