PS2 second player port problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by unrealii, Mar 3, 2002.

1. unrealii

unrealii professor of plant biology

My roommate has PS2 with some sort of mod chip in it. He has owned it for a while, but until now, we finally decide to play a 2 player game (now we have the extra controller). It is called Dynasty Warriors 3, and for some reason, the second player's port isn't working. We tried each of the controllers and neither of them is picking up on the second port.

I know in the past that some games would detect mod chips on the ps and not function correctly, does anyone know if this game is like that, or if the console might be bad. Thanks in advance for any comments, tips, or suggestions.

2. unrealii

Ok, we opened up the ps2 and found something out. It seems when my roommate was installing the chip, he knocked a very small hole into a black strip of wires. From what it looks like, that strip is for the controllers and it is located on the second player's side. Does anyone have any idea of where we can get a replacement part for this?

3. BumpnFD

BumpnFD Why don’t you do a triple fucking axel over to the

how do you knock a hole in a piece of wire? anyways, just cut before ans fter this "hole" and splice it together.

4. unrealii

He said he put the mod chip on top of the wire, tried to close it, it didn't close, then it poked the hole. Mod chip is in the trash now. We found a place in uk that has the wire, but we're just too lazy to do it.

5. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

:rofl:

just buy a new ps2 and swap the internals out for the old ones and return it saying it was a piece of shit...

6. cj3_69

cj3_69 Guest

ok I am telling you now that the MOD-chips are good and you should have someone who knows how to install them do it for you so do what "demon of dreams" said and swap the parts buy a new one and there you go a new one for free pretty much they will never know. Just make sure that the parts are exact or you could leave a few out "I did that to a friends" and take it back but be really dumb about it and then MOD your new one if you need modding help E-mail me [email protected]

7. tstrandh

tstrandh New Member

Or buy a 4port controller box and plug it into the 1st controller slot.

8. unrealii

Thanks for the offer cj3. My roommate has played and sold all of his games requiring the mod, that is why he took it out.
    The cable is 9 pounds from a company in UK. With shipping that comes out to $20 US, so I don't know what he's going to do.
    That 4 port thing would work? Doesn't seem like a bad idea!

9. chibi

chibi Guest

why not just swap the whole ps2 and switch the serial number sticker!!?? haha.. isnt that less of a hassle?

:greddy:

10. unrealii

Found a place in the UK which sells the cables. Paid $10 and installed it. Works good as new :big grin:

11. cj3_69

cj3_69 Guest

Actually yeah that would be easiest and you dont have to mess with the insides! but still its a project you feel good about yourself when its done!