ps2 failure

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by stoliohranj, May 28, 2005.

1. stoliohranj

stoliohranj beautiful fucking tits man

so my computer was acting kinda funky, it would hang at the 'windows is starting up' screen

so i took it apart and removed all of my excess drives and booted with just system. it worked fine. i figured it was an over-heating problem since my case was clogged with dust and i've got 6 hard drives in there. so i dis-assembled it today and cleaned it out. put it back in and the fucking ps2 ports don't work. i can't get past the bios because it keeps checking for a keyboard.

anyone know of way to fix this? if i get a USB keyboard, will it allow it to get past the BIOS check or am i fucked.

i'm using an abit IS7 by the way.

2. stoliohranj

anybody?

3. Goonigoogoo

Goonigoogoo Active Member

Something similar happened to my older machine, the ps2 port would not respond, i plugged in a USB keyboard and it worked. But with my meesed up PS2 the PC would boot into windows, i just couldn't use any ps2 keyboards. It does not hurt to go the USB route but i cannot guarantee the results. They're cheap in price nowadays anyways.

4. stoliohranj

i was worried that the bios would still hang because it didn't detect a ps2 keyboard.