SRS Prozac Nation

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sotangledup, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Sotangledup

Sotangledup Guest

I'm finally giving in and i'm going to start taking prozac or any social anxiety/deppression drug.
    I've been to psychologists and they didn't help. I tried natural medicines for s.a. and that didn't help.
    I'm a good happy person but I'm dying inside. I hate awkard conversations, I hate not being able to look at people in the eye, I hate canceling dates w/ my friends and then sit at home wondering why I just did that. It's so overwhelming..

Even here in OT whenever I post a reply in the main board no one even replies.. it's so sad:sadwavey:

2. Sotangledup

Sotangledup Guest

forget no one will reply here either. I'm out of OT forever.

3. teo

teo . => ? => !

This forum doesn't move as fast as the main forum. It's quality over quantity here and you'll need to be patient, but in the end you'll get some good responses.

Unfortunately I haven't had personal experience with social anxiety disorders, so I can't offer advice there. However there are a number of people that frequent this forum who will have insight to share.

For your part, it'll help if you share your background. Have you always felt this way? Has there been a defining event in your life that started it all, or made things painfully obvious? What's your living situation: at home, with roommates, on your own? In school, or working?

Let us get to know you. :)

4. CopenKagan

CopenKagan OT Supporter

Well dude, first off, trying to get help in the first place is a HUGE step in improving yourself.

If a phsycaiatrist isn't able to help you by merely talking to you about the subject, it could very well be a chemical imbalance or something like that in your brain. It's nothing to be ashamed of though, just be careful who you share that information with.

Maybe getting on something stronger than natural medicine is your only option, something like Paxil CR or something like that. Granted, it may not be fun to have to take every day. But at the same time, it will help you overcome these things that you have problems with.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I can see why you have a problem, first off al YES :wavey: we are here to listen to you. So why are you afraid to talk to people, why are you experiencing such a lack of love in your life, and why aren't you going with your friends having a good time. You know not everything appeals to everyone, some like to tennis, some like the arcade, some like the disco's or the beach. There's loads of people that love you and are willing to help you with your problems :hug: much love :love: :wavey:

6. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

this forum does move slow but there's a real high quality to the posts.

There's nothing wrong with trying non-med alternatives but sometimes they won't fix the problem and meds are necessary. They didn't fix problems with me...

7. Moon

Moon New Member

I just saw that movie "Prozac Nation", last week :cool:

Good Luck

8. bait

bait New Member

Im on prozac right now for depression. I've only been off of it for an extended period once, and it doesnt really hit you for about a week. The second week of that two week period was one of the worst of my life, but getting help has also drastically altered my life for the better. 4 years ago I was a complete mess, and deciding to do something about it really changed that.

9. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Way to go. Medication for S.A. is really amazing: you actually feel "cured."