SRS Prozac kill anyone elses sex drive or any AD for that matter?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Paulie Walnuts, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

My GF of 8 months is the most highly sexually charged and adventurous woman Ive ever been with. Since going back on Prozac Ive noticed a huge decrease in sex drive and even morning wood. Has anyone else experienced this with any ADs? How long did it last? Im on the lowest dose of 20mg.

2. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

You may need to try a different one, like Bupropion or Wellbutrin (same drug - first is generic). If these side effects don't pass, this is an option.

3. RUchaps

RUchaps Active Member

SSRIs are known to lower sex drive. Many patients simultaneously take Bupropion for that reason.
    I would also personally recommend taking a smaller dose of Prozac. I read an article that stated that 5 mg daily was resulting in similar patients results as the 20 mg dosage. I tried it out by opening my capsules and taking 5 mg per day and it was more than sufficient.

4. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

SSRI = zombie drug

soon you will have a craving for brains

5. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

I take Bupropion already with it. 300 mgs.

6. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Can always try a higher dose. 450mg per day is the max range. 400mg might be worth a shot.

7. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

My father takes 1/4 the minimum therapeutic dose of...Wellbutrin, I think it is. His doctor insists that it can't be having an effect, but everyone around him (including his doctor) can tell when he's taking it.

Sometimes the brain just needs to be reminded which chemicals it's supposed to make, not have its own ability to make them completely superceded by medications. Talk to your doctor about taking a lower dose -- or don't take it for a few hours before the time of day when you generally have sex.