SRS PROVIGIL - Anyone have any experience with it?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JzL, Nov 8, 2007.

1. JzL

JzL Hung like a Barbie™ Horse!

Just started. $281 for 30 days :(

2. Lani

Lani child, that wind's gonna come and blow my blues aw

had an uncle who was narcoleptic and took that stuff for a few months... he ended up taking more than he should have though and they took him off it. apparently you can get high off it or something so i'd be careful with your doses. he lost a lot of weight on it too so make sure you watch your diet.

and shit $281 for 30 days is nuts. what are you taking it for?

ps - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modafinil - may be helpful :dunno:

3. Tills

Tills Lets Go Flyers

I was on it for about 6 months. I got up to 400mg a day but then switched to concerta & ritilian. That is not doing too well for me now. I think I need to switch to something else.

4. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

I ran through concerta so fast.. maxed that shit out in a matter of weeks.

I can't take much else since it gives me super bad anxiety.. and I already have terrible anxiety as it is w/o ADD stuff :wtc:

5. Cronin

Cronin New Member

That stuff did nothing for me. I took like 500mg twice a day too.

6. Jake!

Jake! Guest

has it worked?

7. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

I'm looking for something like this to help with work(s) and to stay awake/help with focus. Any recommendations?

8. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Exercise. Eating right. Coffee.

If you take pills then they will cause other problems: irritability, addiction, etc.

The sort of drugs that help with focus are the very worse for addiction. Amphetamines, Ritalin, etc, the most addictive and nasty stuff that will mess up your life and your brain. To give you an idea of how harmful this stuff is, the various amphetamines on the market are merely less water soluble versions of methamphetamine. That metyl portion is only to make the drug more water soluble.

It is very unhealthy. I've been addicted to those drugs before. It was the worse physical addiction that I've ever had, and ultimately it seems those drugs lead to more concentration issues than they solve. This is not the way to a healthy, successful life.

Just my 2c from being down that road.

9. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

Makes sense. I was working out and eating right up until about 6 months ago and for whatever reason just stopped going to the gym and my diet went to hell. Not sure why I even thought about a pill instead of just going back to what I know worked. Thanks :bigthumb:

10. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Go for jogs, don't go to the gym. I think the reason the people stop going to the gym is because it is boring. It is boring. It is lifeless. Get out and get some fresh air. It will be good for you. Appreciate the beauty of nature and see what is going on in town. This will help stimulate your inner life, and then you will be motivated to eat well too because you will have a little bit more self respect. There is also a social aspect to it because you see people trying to better themselves in a natural way.

The gym, not so much. Some people are working out way too much, they are a bit mentally obsessed with it. Others are checking you and others out, so you can't work out without someone staring at you. (I've had old women come hit on me before the gym was going to close). And bad music is blasting the entire time. It is easily not enjoyable.

11. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

I took it for a while, but that was after being on adderall for some time. I was looking for something that was less anxiety reducing. It was that, but I still had no appetite and was getting very little sleep from life stress plus the anxiety that comes with stimulant meds.

It was all a recipe for a total crash, but I was taking it for narcolepsy and had no real way to replenish the sleep deficit I was accumulating.

A couple years later I went back on provigil & suddenly ended up having bad allergic reactions to it after 3 or 5 months. Almost had to go to the ER.