protection.. for yourself!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by SoySauciAl, Apr 3, 2006.

1. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

for those of you living in california or texas, you know how hot and sunny it can get over the summer. what are some ways to protect yourselfs? what brand of sunblock is the best? any sunblock that will not only protect your skin but make you less tan? any that'll last longer? i turn almost coffee brown at summer. also, i would like to know if theres any light shade sunglasses that'll protect your eyes from harmful UV rays but not too dark to not see any details.

2. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I get the generic sunblock, really they are pretty much the same. Just make sure they have the same active ingredients as the name brand ones. Get at least 15 SPF and apply it ever couple of hours.

I also wear a hat on sunny days. My Mom has had basal cell carcinoma (or whatever the hell it is called) so I figure I better worry about that too and start wearing sunscreen, which I started doing about 10 years ago.

4. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

For ease of use, I usually get a spray on kind, alot easier to apply and rub in, and I've found it's not as greasy as the normal stuff.

5. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Ive got a SHIT TON of these little dermatoligic samples my mom got me. Its this zinc infused SPF 45 stuff. I can put that on, and not even get mildly pink, in 80 degree weather.

I usually just have my Ray Bans on for shades. They are preaty lightly tinted, but do a good job of stopping the UV. Plus they are opticly correct, somthing that most other sunnys arent. So it doesnt cloud color, or warp the image. In some instances, they actually allow me to see the surface in brighter light then normal to really see the imperfections.

And on days where it gets really bright out, i have a (what i call) "Legionaires" hat.

Looks like a standard cap, but with two overlapping tails coming down to protect my neck. WHich if anyplace is going to get burnt, it will.

ANd then i also wear Adidas Climalite shorts, and shirts. Becuase it helps wick the weat from my body. Usually in white to aide in teh reflection of sunlight. And its made from microfiber, so if i brush up against the car, i wont leave scratches.