Protecting the precious PB

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by zeroace, Mar 10, 2005.

1. zeroace

zeroace ..........

Hey all,

A month ago, I had my 12" PB in for warranty repair because I had multiple whitespots and there was a horizontal sync problem (it looked like when you see computers on TV that had a higher refresh rate). Anyways, the tech replaced the entire LCD :bigthumb: and I was on my way to doing what I usually did.

I've had my PB in a school bag with a separate padded bag (a padded FedEX envolope... don't laugh)
    but I think all the stuff in my bag caused enough pressure to cause another small whitespot. It's not noticeable but a little irritating to have after getting the PB for a week. Right now, I carry the PB in a separate bag but I was wondering what kind of protection you guys use when carrying your PB around?

Thanks

2. elcano

elcano Guest

3. Rev. Johnny Vegas

Rev. Johnny Vegas Rectal Ventriloquist

I've been putting my PB in it's Radtech PowerSleevz and then I use the middle pocked of my Ogio laptop bag.

http://www.radtech.us/Products/Powersleevz.aspx

http://www.ogio.com/products/display.cfm?catid=8&UID=411207&color=1

The Ogio bag technically has one place for a laptop, under the front flap. My Compaq laptop (its from my job) fits in there, the PB can go in the middle pocket, which while not technically for a laptop, is padded better than the laptop area of most laptop cases. The bag is big enough that if I want to I can also slide my Toshiba laptop into a laptop sleeve and carry it in the file area.

4. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

I bought my GF a Coach bag for hers.

5. hootpie

hootpie New Member

Do you feel the Radtech sleeve is worth the money? I was thinking about getting one to protect my laptop from dust/scratches while inside of my laptop case.

6. Rev. Johnny Vegas

Absolutely! Since my PB has to live in the middle compartment of my laptop bag with some other things, I don't have to worry about it getting scratched in there. I can also just throw it into a smaller messenger bag if I don't need the full protection of the laptop bag. Well worth the $25.

7. i be bent

i be bent New Member

I just got the STM glove for my 14" ibook, which is also available from the radtech site. i am very satisfied at the quality and i would assume that it is a little thicker than the powersleev. It literally fits like a glove and offers good protection. I also place the laptop in the sleeve, and then into the laptop compartment of my jansport bag.

8. hellothar

hellothar New Member

I use a regular Eastpak shoulderbag, modified with that foam used in camping sleeping mats - I cut the foam to size, whacked it in and it's done its job so far. I also use one of the Radtech sleeves and those little feet that you stick on the display to stop it woppling when closed.

9. Nick

Nick Guest

Link to feet?

10. Well, I don't have a PowerBook, but I do have a 14 inch Ibook, which is kind of similar in size to the 12 inch PowerBook. I don't really travel with mine, but when I do, I take it in a leather bag that I bought from the Apple Store. That usualy protects it from getting damaged, although I can't find a way to stop it from getting scratched...

11. Rev. Johnny Vegas

Radtech.us and get their sleeves for the iBook. They're great. s

12. nashstradamus

nashstradamus New Member

has anyone had these spot problems with the most recent revision of the notebooks?

13. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

14. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

15. Sin.dc2r

Sin.dc2r New Member

I just ordered a Booq Vyper in size medium from Australia for my 15" PB. Its sold out everywhere but they have it at laptopbags.com.au. PM me for a code to get a couple of bucks off ( I asked them to price match the us site which is backordered to April 28th and they hooked it up!) Heres the US site if you guys are interested: http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=97

-Mike

16. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

:cool: the BP3 is cool too.

anybody seen a backpack with two padded compartments? i have a 15" PowerBook and a 14.1" PC laptop that i need to carry home every night and it would be nice if i could find a bag that will protect both of them, have room for the power supplies and some carry-on crap when i travel.

...and i prefer something that looks cool. :)

17. diranged

diranged New Member

I picked up this bag today from the apple store in cuportino (apples HQ store)
    [​IMG]

Nice, small, simple, and plenty of padding..

18. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

I have that one also... :cool: