A&P Protecting cameras against condensation

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by jinushaun, Nov 25, 2003.

1. jinushaun

jinushaun New Member

So I want to take my camera up to the mountains, so there'll be a lot of snow and condensation there. What can I do to protect against this. I'm afraid it may damage my camera. (Digital and 35 mm) I took my old digi once, and it fogged up and had trouble starting and stuff. :(

I remember someone mentioning something about silica gel pack. :dunno: Where can I get that?

2. RacerX30

RacerX30 New Member

This is copied from my Canon's Digi manual ........

Moving the equipment rapidly between hot and cold temperatures may cause condensation (water droplets) to form on it's external and internal surfaces. You can avoid this by placing the equipment in a airtight, resealable plastic bag and letting it adjust to the temperature changes slowly before removing it from bag.

If condensation forms inside the camera
    Stop using the camera immediately if you detect condensation. Continued use may damage the equipment. Remove the CF card and battery or power cord (if connected) from the camera and wait until the moisture evaporates completely before resuming use.

3. jinushaun

jinushaun New Member

Yeah, last time I went up the mountain, I used the plastic bag approach. I put it in a zip lock, sucked the air out to create a vacuum, and stored it in my pocket. I everytime I used it, I just repeat that process.

4. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

shoes in a shoe store... bhvideo.com...home improvement store...just toss em in your camera bag