Pros and cons about your significant other.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by HYEST, Jul 9, 2007.

1. HYEST

HYEST New Member

What qualities and dislikes do you have about your s.o.?

Wife of 5 years:
    Pros: She's really smart, good looking, good with money, caring, conservative, good mother to my son, ambitious, respectfull to my parents, has a good job, outgoing, virgin when I married her, Religious.

Cons: Not affectionate enough with me, not enough sex with me, too sensitive, doesn't drink, picky about her foods and drinks, doesn't like to cook (just does it cause she has too), she takes on too many tasks at one time, gets stressed out too easy, too conservative at times, bottles her emotions too much, doesn't have too much patience at times, stubborn. Rare to see her happy and smiling (too serious). No sence of humor, doesn't wear enough makeup (not into making herself look pretty), not a creative bone in her body to decorate the house or anything, over analytical.

2. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

So with the benefit of hindsight, would you still recommend a virgin or do you wish you had checked sexual compatibility before getting married?

Did you see a lot of the other cons coming when you were dating her, or is this stuff that came out after the wedding?

3. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

4. white lightnin

white lightnin New Member

Cry for help?

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Hmmm, sounds like you wanted to vent without actually making a topic just to vent.

Fortunately, we can all see through it.

Notice how your cons list is way bigger than your pro list?

Why are you still in this relationship?

6. HYEST

HYEST New Member

she was very attentive to my needs when we were dating. we pretty much did everything sexually except the penetration part... and yes i do suggest checking sexual compatibility before marriage.

everything came out after we had our son 2 years ago. she just became a different person. she went through a 9 month depression period while she was pregnant. she was sick the whole time! and yes, i was drinking last night and needed a place to vent.

7. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

pros: makes me happy
    cons: commutes from a different city until late august

8. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I see what you did there.....

9. kiri

kiri New Member

pros: everything
    cons: just moved 2.5 hours away :(

10. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

How old is your wife?

I tell you, my hubby sometimes 'complains' about the fact that I look mad all the time. Really, I don't feel that way, but I guess it comes across that way because I can be so serious. And being a mom, well, its a lot of responsibility. Even more so if you don't feel like you can count on your spouse. Or if you have to nag nag nag or direct direct direct to get help. You might want to consider your actions. Maybe she's not getting the fact that she's got help. Not saying that you're not helping, just maybe you're not telling her in a way that she gets it.

Just curious, have you tried to maybe be proactive in giving her reasons to react differently? Like why doesn't she like to cook. Are you an appreciative audience? Would you rather go out than have her cook? Do you give her the time and space to ENJOY cooking? Or do you expect her to work all day, get your son settled and then have enough energy to get dinner on the table, never mind take pleasure in creating it? Why can't you make dinner? or better yet, figure out a way for you both to tootle around the kitchen together.

Looking good? Is she too tired to make the effort? is she getting enough sleep? I know with my hubby, it's much better if I'm the one who skimps on sleep. He's an absolute bear if he doesn't get enough. Now, I haven't had 8 hours straight sleep in over year. That wears on a person. I did get six hours the other night and I looked the worse for it. Because my metabolism slowed down, but didn't get enough. It's hard to care what you look like when you can't keep your eyes open.

If you're unhappy with your spouse, try taking a look at the situation and the real problems, not just the symptoms. You might be surprised to find out that if you help with the solution, you might be able to get the result you've been looking for.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Pros: He's wonderful! Intelligent, hard-working, funny, caring, considerate, driven, cooks well, well-wounded, open-minded, attentive, is a good sport when I win, great in bed.

Cons: Has a hard time expressing his feelings (getting much better though), smokes occasionally, eats popcorn very loud :mamoru:

12. Pros: Everything I can think of that is positive.

Cons: She loves me way too much and her physical insecurity, she looks amazing.

13. lauren

lauren Active Member

my biggest pet peeve is hes a picky eater. guess i've got it pretty good. :love:

14. joetama

joetama New Member

That 'pro' is why there are all the other cons...

Every 'religious' girl I have EVER met has the guilt monkey on their back. All stemming from religion...