Proposing - Private or Public?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Dio Seijuro, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

I would like to gather some opinions on whether you prefer proposing/being proposed in public or in private. Please respond. :)

2. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

private. but my SO and i are very private people and feel very much that the moment of proposing is special for just the two of you. i also feel that its a special moment no matter where it takes place. its special because of what it is, not because of where you are, who is looking or what the ring looks like

3. depends on the girl. does she love to be out and be the center of attention? does she prefer to be private?

you know your girl better then us and therefore should know what she likes based on her personality.

4. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I'd say private unless you are 100% sure your woman would prefer public.

5. kiri

kiri New Member

private for sure

6. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

I probably lean towards private. If doing public I feel like it needs to be very impressive and well executed...but that's just me. I'd like to find out what other people prefer though.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Every girl is different. I've heard girls go on and on about how they'd love to be proposed to in front of a large group of people-whether it's strangers or friends or family-in some hugely romantic gesture.

I just told my bf the other day I would literally die if he proposed in public. I'm very private about that kind of thing and so is he.

What do you honestly think she would like? You know her better than us?

I did tell my bf though about a way my girl friend was proposed to and how I thought it was the cutest thing. Her bf was coming home from Iraq and she went with his whole family (and her mom) to the airport to pick him up. He walked right off the tram and got down on one knee the second he saw her. Somehow in that moment I think it's very memorable and romantic :)

8. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

My woman is very outgoing and loves to be the center of attention, but even she has made it very clear she does not want a public proposal. I think public proposals put too much pressure on the woman. Even if you both know the answer is yes, it can be nerve racking, I would think. I mean can you imagine if you were at a baseball game and suddenly the big screen showed your face and someone asked you one of the most important questions of your life? Yeah, I'd rather punch myself in the face. Plus in my experience romantic moments tend not to involve other people. Just my 2 cents.

9. Horror

Horror Guest

Private.

10. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

That occasion will definitely be a private one.

11. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

I've always wondered if women who say yes during grand public proposals ever felt pressured to say yes over the awkwardness of really wanting to say "um, oh, well...can we talk about this later?"

12. iwishyouwerebeer

Maybe if the relationship is kind of shitty and then she feels pressured :dunno: If I wasn't ready I'd have no problem saying no in public :mamoru:

13. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

yeah, but i just imagine that even if the relationship is going well, there just may be one person who isn't ready to take that step towards marriage. in that case, i think it'd be cool to do a private proposal and follow that up with a massively staged grand public one. :hsugh:

14. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

privately in public

15. MIK3

MIK3 New Member

everyone is different.

my g/f has "accidently" informed me on the way she would like to be proposed too :rofl:

she just told me small hints like she would like to have her family around to also enjoy the moment. kinda weird, but whatever

16. Horror

Horror Guest

:nuts:

17. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

That's EXACTLY what I would do. :noes: I'd feel so obligated to say yes and the the second we're alone we'd have to have a little discussion... I'd feel too bad saying no in public.

18. Lucky Penny

OMG I'd feel sooo shitty!! Imagine, you're at a ball game, your face is plastered on the score board and everyone and their damn mom is waiting for you to say yes- there's no way I'd be able to say no. I'd feel sooo terrible for him. He'd be so hurt and embarrassed. Not that he'd feel much better later when I told him the truth, but at least he wouldn't be experiencing that in front of tens of thousands of people. :noes:

19. iwishyouwerebeer

I was at a hockey game the other night when a lady got proposed to that way and she looked mortified. If I wasnt ready I'd just run off :dunno: That's so much better than saying yes and then telling him later no :rofl: So fucking tacky, I hate that stuff; the women never even look happy. It's like I can read their thoughts going "I can't fucking believe he's proposing to me this way!"

20. Lucky Penny

:rofl: How could you even pretend to look happy about that situation? I'd be so fucking pissed if my SO proposed to me at a hockey game. Or any type of game for that matter. If it's you're kinda thing and you're really into the sport or the team, then okay- but every "game" proposal I've seen was one that was obviously not what the girl wanted. :rofl:

21. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

i saw someone propose at the ice skating rink at time square during thanksgiving or christmas holiday (forgot which one), i thought it was pretty :cool:

obviously the guy prearranged it, he stayed on the ice with the girl after everyone went off the rink (so the truck can pave the ice) and a worker brought out flowers for him...the girl looked happy :dunno:

22. Lucky Penny

That's cute :love:

23. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

private, no question.

24. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Private in a public place. Such as on a cruise. I'd be too afraid of rejection if done in public.

25. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

a friend of mine was propsed to on a cruise. no one heard him ask her, but soon people noticed he was down on one knee and everyone started cheering. sad thing was, she never said yes. she started crying cause she felt bad that she was going to say no in front of all those people. he stood up, gave her a big hug and said "im so happy!" and stuck the ring on her finger. she just stood there in shock.

they broke up a few days later