GUN proof of residency?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by David002, Sep 19, 2005.

1. David002

David002 OT Supporter

what could i use as proof of residency? my car registration is under company name, all the utilities are under my parents names since i am currently living at home. i asked if a credit card bill would work, they said no. would a letter/notice from my college work? or a cellphone bill?

i just purchased a subcompace xd40 and they're just waiting for me to show my proof of residency so i can begin my wait period. any suggestions?

2. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

just take a shitload of mail down and see what applies :o

3. GAMBOA

GAMBOA Guest

Have you tried an insurance card?

4. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

If a cc bill didnt work, then I doubt a cell phone bill would work.

How'd you purchase a handgun w/o an ID?

5. GAMBOA

GAMBOA Guest

They must have shown an Identification Card when the order was placed. Don't know what the waiting period is if there is any at their state. Having just a drivers License won't do you much good. You need a state issued ID and a proof of residency such as Car registration. U might want to try a PayCheck Stub or an insurance card. You could only buy a handgun in the state you claim residence. Say you live in California. You can't go to Nevada an legally buy a handgun at a firearms store over there. They could run your background check, fill out all your papework, vice versa without showing your proof of residency. They won't release the gun till you show proof of residency though.

6. David002

David002 OT Supporter

yea, i needed ID and residency to match. first time a traffic ticket has ever been useful! used a ticket i got haha. luckily it wasn't over 90 days old.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005