SRS Prom ordeal :-/

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by crazy15, Apr 8, 2006.

1. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

Ok me and this girl have been talking for quite a bit. we both like each other and are getting closer and closer to dating. Which we probably will within a month or 2, she wants to go slowly.

well i asked her to prom about a week ago (prom is mid may). She says she wasnt sure because she might go with her friends. Last night i asked her about it again, she says she would like to go with me, but she also wants to go with her friend. I really want to go with her, I don't really want to go with her and her friend, 3rd wheel type thing would go on, and i don't think she would want to do that aswell.

So i am kind of lost on what i should do.. any advice , suggestions?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

put a deadline for yourself on 20 april , if she doesn't confirmed for sure that she wants to go with you to the prom, then screw it. What are you some fish on a fishing rod? She can't hold you on a line forever, at one point the fish has got to let loose from the hook.

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: It sounds like she's trying to say "no" without having to be brutal about it, but if you continue pushing you'll just alienate her, come across as desparate, and make her repel from you altogether. If I were you, I'd just move on. As it is, she's got you pussywhipped already.

4. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

:/ I'm pretty sure it's not like that. she has told me she really likes me, and likes the direction we are going (which is toward being gf and bf). So i highly doubt she doesn't want to go with me because she doesnt like me, but maybe she doesnt want to go with me because she wants to go with her friend :/

but who knows, ill think about it, and ill give her a deadline and stuff.

thanks

5. kristaliah

kristaliah New Member

Why not just suck it up and go with her friends? It's prom.. Like it or not you'll be around her friends all night long.

6. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

i kinda mentioned it, but then it would be ackward, and she agreed. But still an option :/ and there are other girls i can ask aswell.

7. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

why don't you see if one of your friends would like to go with her friend?

8. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

i am in the process of doing that. and the girl i want to go with is also trying to help me. another reason i think she wants to go with me :p

9. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

hope things work out then :bigthumb:

10. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

is her friend male/female?

And i assume said friend is having a hard time finding a date of his/her own?

Also, does this friend have feelings for her?

11. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

That's what I was going to ask you. Female, right? You are opposed to showing up to your prom with 2 chicks?
    lol
    A good majority of my friends in HS and college were males, and man were some of the catty females hella jealous of me, when I was the lone female out with 2 or more guys. (I didn't screw any of them by the way lol we actually were friends and probably about 1/3 of them were gay lol)
    Anyway, I dunno, it could be fun to go out with both of them, but I can definitely understand the 3rd wheel thing, especially when it's a guy with 2 chicks.

But, wth do I know, I went to both of my proms with groups of friends, no dates.
    (oh dear gawd... my proms were almost 20 years ago....holy shit, that can't be right...but it is...damn)

12. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

her friend is a female. if it was a guy i would be :ugh:

yeah but i dont really know her friend at all. Just seen her a couple times, and from the way it sounds she wouldnt want to go with me ha. but i'm going to hang out with her today, so i'll see whatsup

13. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

my advice would be to agree to bring her friend along if her friend can't/doesn't get a date of her own. In the grand scheme of things, prom isn't a huge deal (who cares if you don't get laid, really), and you'll demonstrate to this girl you like that you are willing to make sacrifices and accomodate her friends when its needed.

aka, you'll score major brownie points

14. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

You've got a LOT to learn then. "She told me she likes me so..." Who cares? What you need to learn is that ACTIONS speak louder than WORDS. I don't care if she tells you she likes you, her ACTIONS show that she doesn't. Girls do this stuff ALL OF THE TIME, especially at your age. If a girl is interested in you, then there is NO WAY she would turn you down on a date to the prom to go with her "friend". Sorry, her actions show that she does NOT like you romantically. Do you guys go out? You know, on dates? Do you guys make out? Have sex? Do you guys hold hands in public? Kiss in public? Does she tell others that you are her boyfriend? I bet the answer is no. That is your answer.

Don't let yourself be dragged on like this, and quit listening to the crap she SAYS to you when her ACTIONS aren't consistant with it. Tell her that she missed her opportunity and you are going without her. Then go find some honey that is willing to actually commit to going with you, and have fun with that girl. Forget this one. If you don't you will eventually regret it.

15. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

NO! That is TERRIBLE! Yeesh, it's obvious he likes this girl and that she isn't as into him, or maybe isn't even in to him at all. The worst thing he can do would be to make himself look so desperate for her attention that he would agree to tag along like buddies. Geez, do not do this!

16. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

hmm we do do some of that stuff. but that definitly opened my eyes..

she always texts and calls me to hang out and we've gone on a couple dates.. but yeah ill see whats up

thanks

17. MudFlap

MudFlap Guest

I find it a bit odd... how is her maturity?? Are we talking about Jr High Prom or something?

18. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

If this were past highschool, I'd agree. However, this is highschool. Often times girls send mixed signals in highschool when they're actually interested. Takes a little more time and patience.

19. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

find some hotter girl and go with her. then you can dance with the girl who cant give you a straight answer and also dance with other girls. this is your prom, just go and have a good time man. ive already been through all that drama and i wish i just went and partied my ass off instead of worrying about one girl:noes:

20. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Respect is respect. I don't care if it's high school or middle school. If a girl is making things difficult on you by throwing you mixed signals, then her loss for playing stupid games. Nice guys think girls should forget guys who play games, but it shouldn't work both ways? Last I checked, we were equal. If she plays games, see ya. Her loss.

21. gsxec

gsxec New Member

:bowdown: :bowdown: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Very well said