projectors - infocus x1....?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by gui3, Sep 30, 2003.

1. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

i'm looking into gettin an Infocus X1 for my room.....to use as a TV screen & and a computer screen.

the specs:

Brightness (ANSI Lumens): 1000
    Engine Projection Technology: DLP
    Number of colors supported: 16M
    Maximum resolution displayed: 800 x 600
    Lamp Life (hours): 3000

and i keep reading reviews like this:

RATING 1/5
    Do not buy, bad rainbow and screendoor. Don't let the price fool you, get the Panasonic. Much better buy. I am exchanging for an LCD unit. The rainbow effect is VERY distracting. Also, using a $150 box to go from interlaced to progressive scan, I lose control over color and tint. Why? Who knows

or

"RATING: 5/5

Unbelievable performance!
    What really got me interested in this product was the price and the rave reviews. I was apprehensive all through until I saw the performance. I've had this projector for over 3 months now. I must have used it for over 100 hours. All I can say is WOW! I know people that have paid a few grand for Plasma and rear projection HDTVs...... I wish they had waited to see this product. I wouldn't be surprised, if in a few years TVs become obsolete, if more manufacturers come up with such affordable quality projectors (unless they want InFocus to dominate the market)! The on-board scaler (Foroudja) is what that primarily does the magic! Not once, have I regretted for not having gone for a XGA projector. We got to watch Dish TV (not the HD transmission) and the image was great, so well scaled up. We've watched quite a few movied on DVD (component video), the quality was unbelievable. I'm yet to connect the projector to a HD source. I'm pretty sure that will be a treat. In the VIDEO mode, I'd to increase the brightness (to 70) and contrast (to 73) to consistently see a very high contrast and quality image. I think in VIDEO mode, the bulb is in econo-mode (meaning we might see brightness between 500 - 600 lumens, as opposed to 1000 lumens when connected to PC)"

anyone help?

2. uflathead

uflathead Guest

they're not bad looking projectors but they sure do seem to have reliability problems.:down: A buddy sells them and he calls them NoFocus since they're always dying.

3. Golfer

Golfer OT Supporter

this thread didnt help