Projector Mounts

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by HSTexan, Aug 2, 2009.

1. HSTexan

HSTexan Active Member

Hey OT,

I'm about to move into an apartment after living with roommates for the past year. We have been using my buddies TV in the living room and my speakers, so when I move I will need to buy some sort of TV for the living room. I'm thinking I'm going to just run a projector on the wall like I did in the dorms (had very good results) since the wall color is pretty much the same off-white color.

Problem is, I'm going to be on the 3rd floor and I have vaulted ceilings which means I don't have any real way to mount the projector. Does someone make a projector mount that mounts on a wall and comes out and has a 90 degree bend for people that can't mount on the ceiling?

Here is a crude drawing of how the living room is from the side and how I would imagine the mount and projector. Bottom right is supposed to be a couch

[​IMG]

CLIFFS: Does someone make a projector mount to mount on side wall with 90 degree bend?

Thanks

2. CallSecurityNow

CallSecurityNow OT Supporter

This is the mount I use for my HC1500:
    [​IMG]

Search "projector mount ceiling" on amazon and you'll fing other ones.

3. Krakerjak

Krakerjak Active Member

why not just make a shelf on the back wall instead of a hanging mount?
    easier, cheaper

4. Bencorn

Bencorn New Member

I got mine mounted in a bookshelf against the back wall. Works perfectly and somewhat hides it in the room so it isn't obvious that it is there. Looks nice and clean.