Projection tv quality

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by typerlover, Aug 17, 2003.

1. typerlover

typerlover Guest

I recently purchased a mitsubishi 55inch widescreen tv. I have a sony dvd player and regular cable(for right now) It is an hdtv, but I do not have hd yet. I was wondering what I can do to make the picture quality a little better on cable and while watching dvds? For example, I have read about component wires. Is this all that can be upgraded for quality? Or is there something to do with the settings of the tv? Any input would be appreciated!

2. matrix243

matrix243 My body, is ready.

The convergence will make it sharper.

3. wikdSTi

wikdSTi Guest

Im working on resetting mine right now just moved and havethe same tv.

4. SloD16

SloD16 Guest

well i work at tweeter or as some of you know it as hifi buys, but try using some component cables by monster. Component cables are the red, green and blue tipped. They have a lot better quality. Another thing, is your dvd player a progressive scan dvd player?? Progressive scan dvd players have a high quality for hdtv's.

5. matrix243

matrix243 My body, is ready.

Pretty sure it's red, yellow, and blue.

6. 04

04 Guest

Perhaps your Monster cables are that color, but typically the color scheme used is red green and blue (even though component video is not RGB)

7. Modest Mike

Modest Mike Guest

i hope when u said "a lot better quality" you were refering to componet over say composite cables and not saying that you honestly beilive mostors cables are that good. The chance of anyone noticing any real difference with monster cables vs. something like wut raidioshack would carry is very unlikely, monster is ridicuosly over hyped and over priced, the only people i know who buy it are people who find a special cable that only they offer or some average people who see lots of pretty pictures and diagrams and get played by retailers to purchase a $60+ componet cable.