Project Talon TSI AWD

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by travisdb, Mar 16, 2005.

1. travisdb

travisdb What do you wanna do?

One of my brothers and I bought this car a couple of weeks ago. Just got some time to post some pics up. We bought it to fix and have fun with for a little while.
    Heres what it looked like the night we got it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It has a perfect leather interior. There is a minor problem with the engine though. One of the rods is disconnected and makes a horible noise when the engine is running. But surprisingly it is still drivable.

Ordered an engine and when we got it from shipping it looked like someone had droped it off the back of the truck. Whatever happened broke some accessories on it but we should be able to switch out the broken stuff off of the old engine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Took off the pin striping and switched the wheels with some 3rd gen ones we had laying around the shop.
    [​IMG]

Just started to take the old engine out last night. Hopefully we will have the new engine in shortly.
    [​IMG]

Just thought I would share with the board. Hope you guys like it. It’s the first DSM I have done serious work on. But my older brother has done all this before. Hopefully we will have it running in short order.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  2. illeagle94

illeagle94 New Member

3. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Very cool! Good to see people breathing life back into older cars. Whats the build tally so far?

4. travisdb

travisdb What do you wanna do?

Got the car from a Junk yard, the only problem was the engine. Clean title and everything. Engine was reimbursed by shipping company for damages. So its all been really cheap so far.