"Project" Problems, help?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Shorty, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Shorty

Shorty New Member

the deal is im trying to get OSX running on my pc, ive come pretty close so far and fixed a few issues already such as getting OSX to recognize my sata drive which was said to not be possible with my chipset.

my problem now is that i cant use a regular boot dvd to install it any more, i only have the ISO image, how can i boot this off a external hdd?

if i just plug the external in and try booting (with the correct, i think, bios settings) it tells me NTLDR is missing. what i have been trying to do to fix that is use a program called testdisk (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk) which turns external usb drives into dos bootable disks. but i want to replace the dos command.com with the OSX one, theoreticaly turning it into a OSX bootable drive which is what i want. but i dont know how to get that file out of the ISO.

am i on the right track? or trying to achomplish something impossibe? any help or insight? any body have a better method of using the external to boot? or does anybody know how i can get the command.com file i need out of the ISO? if i just mount the image and view the files theres only a few files, none that i need, because i think the other files are invisible to windows?

:hsd:

2. Shorty

Shorty New Member

bueler...bueler...

3. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

Buy a mac, problem solved.

Oh, ibtl :lockd: this breaks the OSX Licensing.

4. Shorty

Shorty New Member

i have a mac, thus fixing that issue.